New r18 intake?

They also list one for the si's which is the first I've seen it.. I believe it was only a week or 2 ago when I looked and didn't see it

Yea, i browse the site pretty frequently and this is the first time its caught my eye

Me too.. I've heard good things about that brand. I wonder how it'll compare to the prl intake :think:

I'm definitely going to look into it considering the last rain storm my INJEN CAI sucked up enough water to foul my spark plugs and cost me a new set of plugs and 10qts of oil :pat:

:eek: Yea I'm too worried with that.. I had set my mind on the prl short ram

I run an HPS SRI. It works pretty well. Weapon R didn't have the best reputation with 8th gen parts. A few QC issues here and there. Most of the SRI's are pretty simple and comparable for the R18.

As far as I know PRL doesn't make anything for the non-SI cars. SI intakes won't work on the R18.

The PRL intake on the Si will outperform pretty much anything else.

EDIT: $250 for the Weapon-R SRI? Seems high. This is what I run. It's the same for 06-15 non-SI cars, $190.

http://hpsperformanceproducts.com/h...EHaQod_YoNyQ&find=2012-honda-civic-1-8l-17954

DOUBLE EDIT: The car didn't run right without FP. Much better with this intake even on a base map.

@Nix now I'm torn between that and this weapon R SRI, have you seen noticeable gains or any real numbers?

Reactions: Tak
I'm definitely going to look into it considering the last rain storm my INJEN CAI sucked up enough water to foul my spark plugs and cost me a new set of plugs and 10qts of oil :pat:

@Jake LXer
You live in NY too and last rain storm created such problem with your CAI. Unbelievable. Now you got me worried when I want to put a CAI on mine ....:(

Well the problem was that I finally got coilovers so I slammed my car to its absolute limits and on the way home one day my inner fender liner was torn off and exposed my intake to tons of water that my wheel was so generously spraying onto it lol...I purchased this intake this morning and I'll give you guys an update when it gets here ;)

Well the problem was that I finally got coilovers so I slammed my car to its absolute limits and on the way home one day my inner fender liner was torn off and exposed my intake to tons of water that my wheel was so generously spraying onto it lol...I purchased this intake this morning and I'll give you guys an update when it gets here ;)
You purchased the weapon r intake?

Yea along with some other stuff, the two other items were delivered next day...dont even have a shipping update on the intake though....

Do you know what size it is? Im thinking about trying it which mines an si though

The Si/R18 intakes are not swappable. Get the one for your model. Unless you're looking at an SI version.

Yea I'm getting it for an si figured the design would be similar on both tho

For the weapon R short ram intake for r18, do we need a software to tune or will it run just fine without tuning? Of course, tuning is great but I might wish to run this intake without software if possible, temporarily.

I don't know of anyone with a 9th gen that has it, I'll be installing it the day it gets here or the day after...said it should be here Friday so I'll let you know how it runs before and after the tune

Back