2012 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon I - Chat, Pics and Videos thread

IMG_20120919_175439_zps119a5a48.jpg

I will get a pic. Where they welded the brace on blew out.

Taiwan quality! Sadly this is where the automotive performance marketplace is going, and it's part of my job :(

Looks like everyone had a blast. I'm still pouting about being so broke I can barely afford to pay attention and not being able to come.

I hate you responsibilities, you SUCK! I'm making it a point to come next year, I don't care what I have to do.

You are coming next year, even if I have to stop by VA beach and drive you and Jason down, I'm planning a "cabin made" dinner for next year instead of paying Fontana for it.

I am going to edit some stuff together and put it up on YouTube. It takes a while and I haven't had much time for activities like that since I got home from the Dragon meet. I compiled about 6 hrs of raw video from the event and haven't even seen it all, yet. I still have to send the Exhaust Shoot-Out launch videos to Death_Roll so that he can complete his video project.
Like Kenny GS said, The GoPro wide angle based videos really dilute the sensation of speed. As you know, there were times when I was following you with only a few feet between us. It looks like 3 car lengths on the video. There is so much wind noise you can't even hear the tires squealing. Am I whining here or what?

Thats typical Etf. I've found these, which noticably *help* with the wind noise, though they still don't eliminate it: http://store.micover.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2

& I always record in 1280x720 @ 60fps - Due to the better representation of speed, and higher frame rate.

Taiwan quality! Sadly this is where the automotive performance marketplace is going, and it's part of my job :(

You are coming next year, even if I have to stop by VA beach and drive you and Jason down, I'm planning a "cabin made" dinner for next year instead of paying Fontana for it.

I'll have goodies on the FRS by then :lildevil:

I don't know if you heard but the MR2 spun a rod. Zeh motor will be pulled within the next month. If all goes well, we will have that and the FRS there next year. I plan to have better wheels/tirez, TRD Coilovers, and some other ish. I'd really love to have Accelerated Performance's fun on it, but it will not happen while the car is under warranty.

PS- When am I gonna have that pretty Red WRX on my used car lot? ;)

I'll have goodies on the FRS by then :lildevil:

I don't know if you heard but the MR2 spun a rod. Zeh motor will be pulled within the next month. If all goes well, we will have that and the FRS there next year. I plan to have better wheels/tirez, TRD Coilovers, and some other ish. I'd really love to have Accelerated Performance's fun on it, but it will not happen while the car is under warranty.

PS- When am I gonna have that pretty Red WRX on my used car lot? ;)

When you find me an AP1 or AP2 under 15K in the spring.

Seriously.

DUDE! I just sold an AP2 with 43k for 16988. We got it on trade for 13k, the guy was an absolute moron. The only mods it had were hideous 18in Volk Wheels.

Good by next spring their prices should be coming down a bit more, I prefer the 04-05 cable throttle cars.

Back