2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

2012 Si Sedan bought in January 2012. 6597 miles 21 fill-ups 31.9 mpg calculated. Trip B (never reset) says 33.7 mpg. Per tank, after initial break-in, mpg ranges from 30.1 to 35.8 (on a run to Boston from the Berkshires).
90% short runs 1/2-10 miles rural stop and go; 10% longer 30 - 120 miles at hiway speed. Only used 87 octane.

Filled the Si with 93 premium at a local Shell station today. Was getting worried about my gas mileage from my previous tank- was doing a lot more highway driving but was only averaging 29.4 (dropped from 29.7). Did a 20 miles drive today (90% was highway), and my i-mid showed around 35 mpg. I was going 65-70, on average (slower than usual due to the holiday rush, perhaps). Anywho, I was really happy to see that all is well and yes, the Si gets some solid mpg.

Thinking about trading in my 2012 Veloster for a used 2012 Civic LX coupe. I'm wondering, are these numbers being hand calculated? I've read through half of this entire thread and it looks like a lot of members are just taking the read out from the computer. My main reason for wanting to get rid of the Hyundai is basically in refusal to support a company that fudged it's EPA ratings which was obviously the selling point of the car for me.

2012 civic si coupe, I just got my civic a few weekas ago and I drive a little agressive I'm getting between 25 to 29 depending on my driving. it's a broad mix of city and highway driving. I do the manual math every time. I set my trip a odometer to reset upon ever refill.

2012 civic si coupe, I just got my civic a few weekas ago and I drive a little agressive I'm getting between 25 to 29 depending on my driving. it's a broad mix of city and highway driving. I do the manual math every time. I set my trip a odometer to reset upon ever refill.
I forgot I only us 92 or better octane petrol in all my vehicles

Driving a Civic Si

I filled up with ethanol free premium gasoline and was driving anywhere from 60 to 70mph on back roads in Alabama and surprisingly achieved 36mpg over the course of 68 miles. Normally when using gas with ethanol on highway I get around 32mpg on a good day. Pure gasoline without that horrible ethanol is where it's at.

RKuxX.jpg

Thinking about trading in my 2012 Veloster for a used 2012 Civic LX coupe. I'm wondering, are these numbers being hand calculated? I've read through half of this entire thread and it looks like a lot of members are just taking the read out from the computer. My main reason for wanting to get rid of the Hyundai is basically in refusal to support a company that fudged it's EPA ratings which was obviously the selling point of the car for me.
I would say there is a mix of math versus the dash reading in this thread.

Welcome....... I don't know if you're still watching this forum.......... I have a ex so we're talking the same engine, I've been recording every tank by hand, and matching it to the cars PC... as far as any difference between me and the car is with-in 1 mpg.......... The main thing is I can get 40+ on the road ............ But as far as both city/Hwy it can vary from a low of 30 to 36.

But to get the 40+ I've pulled all the eco-tricks out of the bag, like using the cruise control for 99% of the time on my test tank..... Which is pretty much what any car manufacturer driver is going to do....... no matter what company is doing the testing...... Another thing, when they say city driving they're using the legal tactics of our gov regs' which are older than most of the ppl on this forum, and back then to go though a city you're looking at 5 or 10 lights to get though a town, and the traffic wasn't that bad........... Can't blame the manufacturers, but you can blame our govt' regulations.

I just did my migration trip back to school from Pittsburgh to Rochester, NY and got amazing mileage. I found that my computer actually underestimates my mileage!

Since the gas in Erie was $3.29, I couldn't pass up a chance to top off since NY gas is automatically ~$.30 more just 20 minutes away. I filled up with 4.14 gallons for 156 miles of driving, netting me 37.65mpg in my EX 5-speed manual. My gauge showed 36.8mpg for tank. From Erie to Rochester I used just under 1/2 a tank and the highest I saw was 40.2mpg on the display... when I pulled into campus my average on the tank was 39.2mpg. Since I've been doing short trips and now some city driving, it's down to 37.5mpg. Check my fuelly to see my new numbers as I put on some more miles :)

I have had my Si for going on 4 weeks now. I am mostly city driving with a little "cruise control" at 55 mph for part of my daily commute and am averaging 29.2 mpg.

2012 LX couple 5 speed. Best I have -milked- out of it on a ~50 mile trip was 44MPG. If I let speed go from 75ish downhill to 68 up hill it will return 41.5. Cruise set at 72 in moderately hilly area it did 39 MPG on a 400 mile trip. In town I get ~35 driving fairly sane but not like a granny either. Car has about 1500 miles on it, might improve as engine loosens up.. The computer seems fairly close on my car to calculations. I use econ on highway, off in town.I'm totally pleased with the MPG I am getting.

Did my normal break in, 150 miles normal/brisk then 50 miles of beating on it to seat the rings. I think some people make the mistake of driving new engines easy for too long. BTW hasn't used a bit of oil yet either and looks clear still.
Just like to say, I sorely miss seeing you on this site........

Just filled up yesterday again, with my 5 speed EX Coupe I got 31.49mpg, right on with my iMid of 31.4! 50% highway, 50% city tank in subfreezing temps in windy Upstate NY!

Totally not happy with my mileage...When we got the car 12,000 miles ago we got 34.9 MPG....Now we're down to 30.5 and no change in our driving habits.....That's with the ECO on which makes us totally gutless...Its a 2012 EX....We ran every different octane available here to no avail...Should I use a fuel additive of some sort or run this thing into a wall...
Great site..Very informative...

Tire pressure, air filters, winter gas additives...letting it idle to warm up?

Totally not happy with my mileage...When we got the car 12,000 miles ago we got 34.9 MPG....Now we're down to 30.5 and no change in our driving habits.....That's with the ECO on which makes us totally gutless...Its a 2012 EX....We ran every different octane available here to no avail...Should I use a fuel additive of some sort or run this thing into a wall...
Great site..Very informative...
Welcome....... I have an ex coupe 2012....... I've gotten as high as 43/44 and my low is 30 ...... but the low is me not the car ...... When they claim 39 hwy they are close to correct ..... but city is as old as we are ...... That test is dated back in the 50's 60's when the cities(towns) were low on traffic and traffic lights, it needs to be updated to today's traffic situations........... which brings us back to trying to get the claimed city mileage.........

If you want to see what your car gets, fill it up and go on a interstate for a hour or two, and stop and refill without any stop/start driving. Calculate on your cell phone.

Of course not knowing where you live, makes it difficult to know what you're dealing with.

Back