How do you shift into 2nd?

First starting Si from a cold sit I shift at 2500 until fully warm, then it's usually at 3000-3500 rpm. If I vtec it's redline or nothing

Sadly I only vtec once or twice a MONTH. lol my commute is almost all city and it sucks!

You can always floor it in first! :vtec: Of course, with city traffic, you would probably have to drop it right into 4th or 5th and behave from there. :banghead:

Last edited:
Your owner's manual has the suggested shift points in it.
Everything is 3000-3400 RPM. I notice that my vehicle has a specific sweet spot and everything goes together fluidly at a certain rate of acceleration.
I'm not talking about flooring it either. ;)

also did you guys notice when its cold you don't need to press the gas , you can just let off the clutch I find that annoying.

well thats only because while cold it revs higher on idle then when its warm um everycar does that but unfortunatly we cant do nothing about it thats a hear to stay thing lol

well thats only because while cold it revs higher on idle then when its warm um everycar does that but unfortunatly we cant do nothing about it thats a hear to stay thing lol
Sometimes I forget Lol , So I end up revving it for no reason.

Because of this thread I was shifting all over the place on the way home. The only thing I noticed is that the higher you rev in 1st the easier it is shifting to 2nd.....and the fuel mileage gets worse! I highly doubt the mileage was a result of the shift points. I think it was me just having a bit more spirited drive home than I normally do.

i ussually do a burn out at all stop lights so when it turns green i just put the ebrake down :rockwoot:

but in reality i usually shift at 3-4 but im so sick of this rev hang time to go!

Bro I think it's just oahu. Down here people are always in a rush. I usually shift between 3000 to 3300 and their still on me but can't do anything about it unless I go Vtec! Which they probably think I'm pissed or something.

As long as the roads straight these same ppl will almost always sit on your tail, it's only when going though turns they fall back............
Went out today thinking about this question and leaving it in drive the rpm went to 3500 before shifting under normal pressure on the throttle.......... Even if our cars are geared diff' it still shows what rpm is average for shifting.....

Back