Photos THE Plasti-Dip Pics Thread :D

Got bored of the way my car looked for the past year, so I finally had some time off from work and decided to tackle a few things. I ripped a bunch of pieces off the car, inside and out. Only one emblem I could not part with as far as the color goes. I just relocated the Civic from the front bumper where I had it to a nice new home. The pictures below are from the second coat of Plasti-Dip. I was skeptical about this stuff. Seems to be looking OK though. Tomorrow will be the install day. The 4th coat is drying as I type this. I have one more idea I would like to tackle with Plasti-Dip, just need to wait for a few days where I don't have to drive anywhere.IMG_2371[1].JPGIMG_2373[1].JPGIMG_2374[1].JPG

I was just about to ask how to keep items that have been Plasti-Dipped clean. What about interior pieces? I'm willing to bet dash shiners like Mother's or Armour All is pretty bad for them. Here are a few of the interior pieces I installed this morning. Pictures don't do it justice of course.

IMG_2375[1].JPGIMG_2377[2].JPGIMG_2380[1].JPGIMG_2379[1].JPG

I used fishing line. Just wedged it in the back and slid it back and forth. There are like 2 clips attached to the H but i broke those off to make it easier to reattach. I used outdoor 3M tape cut to make the backing. It takes a little effort and time but done correctly and you will be fine. I used fishing line because dental floss kept snapping too quickly. Fishing line has a little more toughness to it.

Finished up the front. I think it all came out real clean. Now that I have a grasp on how many coats and timing, it's time to jump on a bigger project with this stuff. I will post when completed. May be a few weeks, but hopefully it turns out nice.
IMG_2388[1].JPG

Got bored of the way my car looked for the past year, so I finally had some time off from work and decided to tackle a few things. I ripped a bunch of pieces off the car, inside and out. Only one emblem I could not part with as far as the color goes. I just relocated the Civic from the front bumper where I had it to a nice new home. The pictures below are from the second coat of Plasti-Dip. I was skeptical about this stuff. Seems to be looking OK though. Tomorrow will be the install day. The 4th coat is drying as I type this. I have one more idea I would like to tackle with Plasti-Dip, just need to wait for a few days where I don't have to drive anywhere.View attachment 15073View attachment 15074View attachment 15075

Howd you get those handle things off the doors????? I was going to wrap them in carbon fiber got scared Id break something taking them off.

I thought it could be removed without breaking if you take the bumper off?

Webby, Half hour trying to take the bumper off and potentially losing pieces vs. some fishing line, a hair dryer to soften up the sticky stuff and 2 small broken pieces which you can't even see after you put it back on with 3M tape? Haha, I will stick with keeping the bumper on.

Howd you get those handle things off the doors????? I was going to wrap them in carbon fiber got scared Id break something taking them off.

I just used a small, flat plastic piece to pry the small side out and then gently pulled it apart. The upper piece has a plastic hook on it so it doesn't come straight off. You have to angle it down a little. Pretty straight forward and very easy. I tried the wrapping in carbon fiber. That stuff is junk in my eyes. Didn't stick very long and very easily ripped by anything sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Webby, Half hour trying to take the bumper off and potentially losing pieces vs. some fishing line, a hair dryer to soften up the sticky stuff and 2 small broken pieces which you can't even see after you put it back on with 3M tape? Haha, I will stick with keeping the bumper on.

I just used a small, flat plastic piece to pry the small side out and then gently pulled it apart. The upper piece has a plastic hook on it so it doesn't come straight off. You have to angle it down a little. Pretty straight forward and very easy. I tried the wrapping in carbon fiber. That stuff is junk in my eyes. Didn't stick very long and very easily ripped by anything sharp.

what wrap did you use?

I bought it off ebay for like $20. It was the 3M carbon fiber wrap. I hated it. I followed all the tips from all the videos from youtube and I still hated it. This plasti-dip stuff looks real nice when completed. I have the final coat on the rest of my center console now. I didn't like the grey clashing with the black parts I did dip. Took the whole thing apart and plasti-dipped it.

Back