Photos THE Plasti-Dip Pics Thread :D

What part of Arkansas are you from? I lived in Hot Springs for a short time.
I live in rogers. I'm in northwest arkansas in the fayetteville, springdale, rogers, and bentonville region (its basically one big city with some landscape in between). A few hours from hot springs. Hot springs is over by harrison right? Or is it down south?

I live in rogers. I'm in northwest arkansas in the fayetteville, springdale, rogers, and bentonville region (its basically one big city with some landscape in between). A few hours from hot springs. Hot springs is over by harrison right? Or is it down south?
Hot Springs is between Little Rock and Arkadelphia. SW Arkansas.

Ah got ya. I've been there once. If its south of little rock that's like 5 hours or so I think.

love that red looks sweet!

Went through the entire thread surprised nobody did red fog light housing! I'd buying some Ex hosuing imma piant gloss red hahaha i know it'll look silly but i just wanna do swppable temp mods :D

Went through the entire thread surprised nobody did red fog light housing! I'd buying some Ex hosuing imma piant gloss red hahaha i know it'll look silly but i just wanna do swppable temp mods :D
I was thinking about doing the fog light surround too but I don't think it would look good that close to the yellow.

cgSGkaJ.jpg

i have a surprise for you when i get the new shrouds :)

Welp finished off the hood tonight. First time doing this on the car itself. Came out OK. I'm not entirely happy with it, but I learned some lessons along the way. 1) Remove the tape when the Plasti-Dip is wet. 2) Hold the can high enough so you don't drag the bottom through creating a line. Haha. 3) Cover more of the car with magazines for over spray. All in all I'm good with it for the time being. Best part is I can just remove this one and d another. Here is the finished project.

IMG_2451[1].JPGIMG_2452[1].JPGIMG_2453[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2454[1].JPG
    IMG_2454[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
I agree. Do it the night before and take it off when you get back. At only $6 a can, it's not that bad of a price.

A nice day shot of it. Like I said, I could do better next time. Iphone's camera is terrible. Maybe I will bust out the actual Canon.

IMG_2466[1].JPG

Yeah I was trying different patterns out and just settled on this. I had something I wanted to do in the middle but that didn't end up working out. Maybe next time. Haha

When you did yours PSF, at what point did you remove your taping job? I think I screwed up and removed it once the last coat was on and wet. I'm thinking it should have been removed the first time when it was wet. Then would you have to tape it over and over again for the layers of thickness?

Back