DIY Bumper Screen to Protect AC Condenser

After looking at those tie mounts, I'm not quite sure how well that adhesive will hold up....unless it's some strong 3M (exterior) adhesive, I don't think it'll hold well, at least not for a long period of time.

After looking at those tie mounts, I'm not quite sure how well that adhesive will hold up....unless it's some strong 3M (exterior) adhesive, I don't think it'll hold well, at least not for a long period of time.

Heavy duty 3M tape is only like $5. Easy enough to swap it out.

Last edited:
:clapping: Sweeeet! Great find! Ordering.

Edit: i went to order 2 sets of 4 (do they come in sets of 4 like the photo?). $0.79 for the product and $10.05 for shipping these little things to Canada! I wonder if these (or something similiar) can be found at a home outlet center or electronics shop?

You can buy them on Amazon HERE, 25 for $5.20, not sure about shipping though. The reviews say they're poor quality, but I think that's referring to the adhesive, but as squiggy mentioned, you can just swap it out for some heavy duty 3M tape.

Last edited:
:clapping: Sweeeet! Great find! Ordering.

Edit: i went to order 2 sets of 4 (do they come in sets of 4 like the photo?). $0.79 for the product and $10.05 for shipping these little things to Canada! I wonder if these (or something similiar) can be found at a home outlet center or electronics shop?
I am sure there are more somewhere, We use similar metal ones at work that are attached with 2 part epoxy. I mean if you wanted to get cheap with it I am sure you could fab something and make it work. maybe velcro?

I've been off line for a few days(new carpet in my room)........ Anyway, when I installed the wire with the Zips, I took the time to make sure that the zip crossed both a wire going across and down, hopefully will stay secure.

Now that it has been a few months, could we get a few "sunny day" pics to see how the screen is holding up? I did this with my Dakota a few years back using the same gutter type stuff and within 2 months of driving through the elements, they were all rusted up and bent. Went basically about the same way for the install too. Nice DIY. Been thinking about trying this again, just afraid of the rusting.

It's been about 6 months for me now, went all through the winter and it still is shiny, no rust.
The only complaint is that the paint faded from one of the zipties lol gotta patch that
GRkLPBe.jpg

you'll have to report back on whether the 1" ones are too wide, or if they work just fine.

Back