Microsoft's New Xbox: Live From the Unveiling

MrsJrotax101

Administrator
Admin
xbox-360.jpg

REDMOND, Wash. — After months of rumors, Microsoft finally reveals its plans for the next major Xbox gaming console update on Tuesday. Most expect this will be the most significant design, component and feature transformation since Microsoft launched the Xbox 360 in 2005. It could be the gaming event of the year, and Mashable is here to get the full story.
However the new Xbox looks and works, the enhancements won't be all about games. The console is already a home entertainment hub, and we expect some changes in how it works with your TV and content providers. Microsoft will also likely expand the Xbox's ability to deliver a broad range of content, including music, movies and more.
We should also get a glimpse of the latest and updated Xbox accessories, including the all-important Kinect. Its sophisticated motion-sensing technology is now a couple of years old. Expect that bar to get smaller and more powerful.
Microsoft's new Xbox reveal comes weeks before the E3 conference in Los Angeles, but months after Sony revealed its plans for PlayStation 4. Of course, "reveal" is a generous word, as the company did not actually show off the console hardware. Microsoft could choose to do the same, but, in light of the controversy Sony's decisions generated, we'll be watching Tuesday to find out how far it takes gaming into the cloud and how much love it shows for legacy games and hardware.
In addition to this live blog of the one-hour unveiling event, Microsoft has promised Mashable time to "get up close and personal with the new generation." We don't know if that means we'll get to touch the new hardware, but we do promise to report back on everything we learn.
For every tantalizing detail, be sure to drop in to the live blog starting at 12:15 p.m. EDT as we run our pre-game show. The official event begins at 1 p.m. EDT.

Article from: http://mashable.com/2013/05/21/microsoft-new-xbox-live-blog/

Last edited by a moderator:
nCZhZon.jpg

kind of odd looking... seeing as how the last one was so rounded. This is essentially a brick

Bricks can work if you can stack them, but the 360 is definitely requiring its space for air flow so I think One will be the same. Personally I like the square look, all my other boxes for audio and video are square the rounded shape consoles stick out. I realize I am not their targeted demographic though :)

ehhh. cant say i like it. i could be being biased due to just buying a wiiU haha

How do you like the Wii U? I'm not nor have I ever really been a serious gamer, but grew up with Nintendo and grew attached to their franchise players; Mario, etc...is it worth the nostalgia factor?

How do you like the Wii U? I'm not nor have I ever really been a serious gamer, but grew up with Nintendo and grew attached to their franchise players; Mario, etc...is it worth the nostalgia factor?

I'm the same way. but loved nintedo growing up. I picked it up cuz the BX on base had a $20 off sale over the weekend on the deluxe bundle. Right now there isnt much out for it, so it seems but this summer they are hitting with it. New Mario party, New Super Mario, Luigi getting his own game (and not it's mansion) plus they are gonna continue the Sonic series now on the wiiU so I'll be getting that. So Theres a lot to look forward to. And the controller Pad is just a thing of beauty.

Tall order for the xbox gamepad. The 360 controller was about as good as it got, save the D-pad. It looks like the D-pad has finally been resolved (no more wobbly D-pad, based on the looks of it), and the guide button has been finally moved to somewhere less likely to be accidentally hit.

Of course, Forza 5 day one launch is very interesting, as well :D

I'm the same way. but loved nintedo growing up. I picked it up cuz the BX on base had a $20 off sale over the weekend on the deluxe bundle. Right now there isnt much out for it, so it seems but this summer they are hitting with it. New Mario party, New Super Mario, Luigi getting his own game (and not it's mansion) plus they are gonna continue the Sonic series now on the wiiU so I'll be getting that. So Theres a lot to look forward to. And the controller Pad is just a thing of beauty.

2 words Mario Kart!! I'd pick one up for sure if it comes out somewhat soon. Do they have a "shop" channel like the original Wii??

Tall order for the xbox gamepad. The 360 controller was about as good as it got, save the D-pad. It looks like the D-pad has finally been resolved (no more wobbly D-pad, based on the looks of it), and the guide button has been finally moved to somewhere less likely to be accidentally hit.

Of course, Forza 5 day one launch is very interesting, as well :D
I only wish the come up with a good wheel for it XBOX in general and Forza as well. Fantec is way overpriced and i see no other wheels that are decent for it.

Xbox One Will Currently Not Play Xbox 360 Games

Xbox-Colored-Buttons-Controller.jpg

The newly announced Xbox One will not be able to play previous generation Xbox 360 games, Microsoft confirmed Tuesday.
The Xbox One is designed on an x86 architecture, on a new eight-core chip. The Xbox 360 uses a Xenon processor, with PowerPC architecture, making the systems incompatible.
"The Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games — games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment people have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future," a Microsoft spokesperson said.
The Xbox executive said there is currently no support for backwards compatibility, leaving the door open for that possibility in the future.
It's the same problem Sony is facing with the PlayStation 4, which is also moving from x86 architecture from the PlayStation 3's XX chip. Sony executives hinted that PlayStation 3 games will eventually be playable via emulation on the new console, thanks in part to its purchase of the GaiKai cloud gaming engine.
With eight years of games and an established network via Xbox Live, Microsoft will certainly face some outrage from gamers that the older console is quickly obsolete. A statement from Microsoft's Don Mattrick hinted the Xbox 360 still has a future, and there will be more announcements surrounding the console this June at E3.
http://mashable.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

I don't think that's a big problem for me. If I was to get the XBOX One, I would only play XBOX One games on it.

Of course not. I still have my PS1, Super Nintendo, PS2, XBox, Gameboys, etc. Lol.

They better come out with enough new games at launch. I'd hate to get the new xbox and only have a few games to play. I guess its another way for them to make more money. I'm sure the games will be at least 60 if not more.

Back