9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

Does it bother you that maybe I like repairing some issues on a vehicle, rather than just running to IAG for everything.

You still won't keep up with me this year.

I haven't been to IAG in months. I can't remember the last time I went there. I would go there but they are too far (80 miles round-trip). I just get local friends to help me out ;) Like today my buddy (has an '07 STi) is changing my oil for me :)

Who said I was going to keep up with you? :rotfl: You go all out.. I drive like a scared pussy that doesn't want to crash.

Jeff will lose.

Oh I know this.

My LX was out doing Jeff in his WRX...lol

Not a good comparison. You are not a pussy like me. I am too worried to wreck.

Last edited:
I haven't been to IAG in months. I can't remember the last time I went there. I would go there but they are too far (80 miles round-trip). I just get local friends to help me out ;) Like today my buddy (has an '07 STi) is changing my oil for me :)

Who said I was going to keep up with you? :rotfl: You go all out.. I drive like a scared pussy that doesn't want to crash.

Oh I know this.

Not a good comparison. You are not a pussy like me. I am too worried to wreck.

Jeff keeps it honest. :rotfl:

I just said IAG, I don't know what shop your prefer. Wanna go for a few rides in the G35 this year? I'll get it sideways a lot more than the WRX ever did.

The car does have a few small issues, but they're mostly all fun DIY fixes, good way to waste a weekend, but it definitely needs better tires before the dragon, the Michelin touring tires that are on it now are rubbish and partly dry rotted, so you'd definitely keep up with me as the car sits now.

I would think anywhere with a good view of the east going up to Santeetlah. After that, the elevation drops going over the western side. Maybe along the Tennessee border.

cherohalamap2.jpg

Last edited:
Jeff keeps it honest. :rotfl:

I just said IAG, I don't know what shop your prefer. Wanna go for a few rides in the G35 this year? I'll get it sideways a lot more than the WRX ever did.

The car does have a few small issues, but they're mostly all fun DIY fixes, good way to waste a weekend, but it definitely needs better tires before the dragon, the Michelin touring tires that are on it now are rubbish and partly dry rotted, so you'd definitely keep up with me as the car sits now.

I troll at some stuff but not everything ;)

I do prefer IAG but I have learned that I can get friends to help me out with doing some stuff :) I did change my SPT Intake Filter today!! :dance: hahaha while he changed my oil

Sure I will definitely go for a few rides this year. I'm always down. I thought I would be scared shitless but I wasn't. I trust your driving ability.

I'm just confused how you got into a G35.. I knew you were talking about getting something else but didn't know the G35 was on the radar.

I would keep up with you even with the upgrades to the tires and such on the G35 if I drove like you and not a little ***** :rotfl:

I troll at some stuff but not everything ;)

I do prefer IAG but I have learned that I can get friends to help me out with doing some stuff :) I did change my SPT Intake Filter today!! :dance: hahaha while he changed my oil

Sure I will definitely go for a few rides this year. I'm always down. I thought I would be scared shitless but I wasn't. I trust your driving ability.

I'm just confused how you got into a G35.. I knew you were talking about getting something else but didn't know the G35 was on the radar.

I would keep up with you even with the upgrades to the tires and such on the G35 if I drove like you and not a little ***** :rotfl:

It's RWD, non turbocharged, and I own it outright, the price was right and it runs / shifts better than the WRX, though not as outright fast.

So far I had to :

replace brake pads all around (rears this week)
replace rear rotors (when they show up this coming week), they are warped badly
fix the 'axle click'
clean the fuel pickup contacts, as the gauge was showing incorrect and varying readings
reinforce (3M window weld) the transmission mount
properly re-attach and clean the front undertray
changed rear differential fluid (stuff that came out looked new and clean, so that's good)
replace the stripped out shift knob (ordered a nismo one today)
...and gotta get better tires before the dragon

Next year I'll probably replace the clutch and maybe do high flow cats and a plenum spacer for extra power, but I'll see how things go so far.

Jeff drives within his abilities and that is a smart approach on public roads. As far as "the game" let's call it "The Crap Tire Challenge" I wanna play! Do these tires qualiify me to challenge your A/S shod G35?
2013-07-07%2017.00.37.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rudg4f2w81lcjbb/2013-07-07 17.00.37.jpg

Haha, 'kelly' tires, almost as bad as the futura tires that pep boys sells.

I'll have something a little bit better, thinking either the DWS again or the new Michelin Pilot A/S 3, in 235/50 R17.

Jeff drives within his abilities and that is a smart approach on public roads. As far as "the game" let's call it "The Crap Tire Challenge" I wanna play! Do these tires qualiify me to challenge your A/S shod G35?

I think I drive below my abilities. The car can be driven MUCH harder (ask Keith). lol I just got coilovers installed last Saturday along with some bushings (Group N Transmount - Kartboy Rear Diff Bushings - Kartboy Trans Xmember Bushings)

Those tires... lol :rotfl:

Itinerary is posted!!!

I think I drive below my abilities. The car can be driven MUCH harder (ask Keith). lol I just got coilovers installed last Saturday along with some bushings (Group N Transmount - Kartboy Rear Diff Bushings - Kartboy Trans Xmember Bushings)

Those tires... lol :rotfl:

How is the car now, much better? I did group N trans mount and the differential bushings as my first mod, but for some reason on the 08+ cars those two parts are the softest in the whole drivetrain, the car is totally different with them on.

Reactions: Nix
Back