9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

Yeah that's what I was planning on. A couple high end things and some local brews people wouldn't otherwise have access to.

Not planning on getting there until Thursday, but I think my wife and I will leave here on Wednesday afternoon and make the drive to Nashville to take in some sights and sounds. We will stay there somewhere for the night and then make drive out to The Dragon and be there for dinner. It will be nice to break up the drive a bit and actually be able to do something in Nashville. Drove through once and all we did was stop at The Loveless Cafe for dinner.

Reactions: Nix
How is the car now, much better? I did group N trans mount and the differential bushings as my first mod, but for some reason on the 08+ cars those two parts are the softest in the whole drivetrain, the car is totally different with them on.

Shifts better. It was jerky before when letting off the gas and that play/slop is gone. Definitely more road noise/vibrations. I'm getting use to it.

The coilovers I need to raise up in the rear a bit to even it out with the front (1 finger all around - rear is lower now). They are set to 15 all around (1-30 scale of course 30 being softest.)

I can't wait for this! I so need a vacation. Anyone else a fan of craft beer?

I'm a fan of free beer :excited:

Can I ask a question? Roughly how much spending money should I have on hand, I was thinking 300-500$.

I charge my gas. Food outside the lodge I'll pay cash for. All of our food stops are pretty tame $wise. Unless you have other cash expenditures in mind, you shouldn't need all that much.

I dont recall needing cash for anywhere, they all mostly accept cards. The only exception I can think of might be the gas pump at the lodge, but I could be wrong on that.

I charged it all to get the cash back on my Amex :woot:

Most meals were like... 5-10 dollars? Unless you're buying a bunch of random stuff when you go into town, you won't need a lot of cash.

robbinsville, nc gas is currently
$3.59 for regular
$3.74 for plus
$3.94 for premium.

Can I ask a question? Roughly how much spending money should I have on hand, I was thinking 300-500$.

The most you'll spend money on is gas and the lodge room. The food provided at the meet is relatively free (paid for by the registration), and the other stuff at Fontana is relatively inexpensive. The (awful) lobby coffee is even free!!

Okay thanks guys. I ask cuz I don't have a credit card lol. N I wasn't including the lodge room in there.

Okay thanks guys. I ask cuz I don't have a credit card lol. N I wasn't including the lodge room in there.

When are you planning on arriving? Thursday or Friday? Less days and the lodging will be less, I've spent about 150-200 on gas, but I do a lot of runs and typically always have my foot to the floor, in a less than fuel efficient car.

Trips to robbinsville to get food arent too bad, there's a fairly big grocery store there so it all depends on how much you wanna spend.

Of course you can just drive down, park the car and just get ride alongs all weekend with the more experienced (faster) drivers, depends on how good of a passenger you are.

Back