hfp suspension

hotsauce61488

Guys, i have ordered my full hfp kit for my 12 coupe si and my friend told me i might not like the drop on the suspension saying it only lowers it .75- inch ... I was a little disappointed after hearing this, but honestly i believe with the kit and even a small drop like this , it will look great while it wont be too rigid and low to the ground so i can cut corners hard and not have to worry about scraping the kit. My brother has a lowered scion and he always says he wish it wasnt as low because he literally needs to come to at a dead stop for any type of speed bump, etc or he scrapes the skirts... anyone have close up pictures of their hfp suspension

thanks squiggy .. i see these springs going for like 300 $ cheaper like TEIN and im reading reviews, they are saying the ride is too low .. im kind of happy im getting these hfp springs, im hearing its as close to factory ride you can get, looks good, has the honda reliability and u can still drive it and keep the lip kit not banged up :)

thanks squiggy .. i see these springs going for like 300 $ cheaper like TEIN and im reading reviews, they are saying the ride is too low .. im kind of happy im getting these hfp springs, im hearing its as close to factory ride you can get, looks good, has the honda reliability and u can still drive it and keep the lip kit not banged up :)
that's really all relative... but it's really not that low at all... i still haven't got coils on my car, despite the amount of cash i've spent/ hoping coils will be the last thing i ever get.

I have it on my car. I love it. Its not rough handles better too. I have the standard wheels with all season tires. Im thinking about upgrading wheels and tires if not just tires and that would help some more.

I got mine on yesterday,I measured before and after and it dropped mine 1 1/4 inch on all tires across the board.my tech told me in less than 6 months it will be around 1 1/2 or maybe slightly more.its got a great stance ow and drives like a dream.i even called honda and they told me on average it should be 1 1/2 ,when settled,so I'll be in that tolerance.

I could have bought anything if I wanted too,I'm just not into the super low and loss of ride quality.it looks cool as f$$@, but just not my style,when the aero kit is on fridayit will look even better,mani can't wait!

Wow bob, that's like twice the stated drop! Perhaps Honda got word that while people liked the HFP suspension they felt the drop was not enough. I like that they may be moving in a bit more performance oriented direction with it. I would love to see it settle out to 1.2-1.3 so it would be a nice drop without needing camber adjustments. Keep us up to date on how things work out after you have driven with it on for some time!

Just curious where did you get the suspension from?
I got mine on yesterday,I measured before and after and it dropped mine 1 1/4 inch on all tires across the board.my tech told me in less than 6 months it will be around 1 1/2 or maybe slightly more.its got a great stance ow and drives like a dream.i even called honda and they told me on average it should be 1 1/2 ,when settled,so I'll be in that tolerance.

Wow bob, that's like twice the stated drop! Perhaps Honda got word that while people liked the HFP suspension they felt the drop was not enough. I like that they may be moving in a bit more performance oriented direction with it. I would love to see it settle out to 1.2-1.3 so it would be a nice drop without needing camber adjustments. Keep us up to date on how things work out after you have driven with it on for some time!
I was really surprised,but the tech said the other ones dropped that much too.he did say however with 6400 miles,perhaps my stock wasn't fully broken in yet,he did the measurements too.

I ordered my HFP suspension from CHH and I should be receiving it next week. Since i'll be doing the install myself, i'm thinking i should also use that opportunity to upgrade my sway bar, although i'm not ceratin which bar to go with. I think the offerings right now are from Progress and Eibach, anyone have any opinions on one over the other?

Tires. Need tire upgrade, then sway bars. Feel the difference, it's pretty good. OEM all seasons can't turn due to no traction with just suspension. From there, an improvement in rear sway will further flatten the ride and turn through.

Can push pretty darn hard with HFP and summers but understeer still quite evident. Eibach (19mm) vs. Progress or Whiteline (22mm) is going to be based on your driving style TBH.

I really like the look of the HFP rims, so i also order a set of the 18s. I haven't decided on tires yet. My driving style, well my car is a daily driver and a long commute on average I will do about 66-90 miles in a day depending on what i'm up to. The ride is comfy, but feels woobly/spongy, even going in a straight line, it doesn't feel connected to the road. Hard to describe. I drove a mini cooper for a few months prior to buying my civic and you can feel the road in that car, so i guess i got used to it.

I like the progress bar just because it came with reinforcement brackets for the rear lower arm mounting point. Also the larger sway helps balance out the understeer tendencies of the chassis. The eibach is the same size as the previous gen stock rear sway. It might be cheaper to pick up an 8th gen SI rear sway instead of the eibach.

The front sway bar size has decreased but no one has been able to comment if the new mounting point to the strut kept the stiffness the same or not. The size of both F & R sways went down a few MM from the 8th to 9th gen but I doubt Honda would be decreasing chassis stiffness. Just finding new ways to create the same effect with less materials.

I'm going to sell my stock sways,should I sell them as a pair? What would be a fair price to ask?I'm thinking $25.00 shipping USA.i have my stock suspension on eBay for 250 plus 60 shipping USA,and there are 6 watchers,any idea,I don't want to have these sitting around,I'm sure they are in excellent condition,I barely had to clean off the suspension and it looks new.

I really like the look of the HFP rims, so i also order a set of the 18s. I haven't decided on tires yet. My driving style, well my car is a daily driver and a long commute on average I will do about 66-90 miles in a day depending on what i'm up to. The ride is comfy, but feels woobly/spongy, even going in a straight line, it doesn't feel connected to the road. Hard to describe. I drove a mini cooper for a few months prior to buying my civic and you can feel the road in that car, so i guess i got used to it.

The HFP suspension setup will definitely tighten things up, give you more road response, but you're still going to find it pretty numb, especially on those straight, freeway-type commutes. I haven't done the switch yet from the stock all-seasons on my 17" wheels, but I have a feeling those are contributing to some of the wobbly feel with some soft side walls. Drive on them on a cold, rainy day and they can be quite scary. They just aren't a good match for the car at all. A set of 18" wheels paired with nice summer rubber really helps too. But, after a while, you get used to the setup and the car kinda feels numb and disconnected until you throw it into a corner hot.

Hate to say it, but it's something about the chassis and electronic power steering, not just the wheels and suspension that makes the car feel numb.

Last edited:
The HFP suspension offers a firmer ride over the factory Si suspension as well as reduces body roll in the twisty bits, paired with the factory 18" wheels and the Michelin Pilot Super Sports 215/40 offers great grip in the summer, I haven't hit any speed bumps or bottomed the car out in 15,000 kms of driving around on the terrible roads that we have here in Winnipeg.

Back