HELP! Flashing Lights!

I've never used a solder gun, nor am I good with the technical stuff. This is why I bought the plug and play harnesses. Sure it costs more, but I am willing to pay for a skill I do not possess. I contacted jasonandre who developed the DIY, but he hasn't responded.
yeah he might have some input.. i'd have to see it in person to be 100% sure. can't be too hard to fix tho! :) No worries :)

Do any of the bulbs have a filament wire? Like non-led bulbs? I've seen some crazy stuff happen with bulbs that had part of the filament wire broken. Like a piece was touching the other wire inside the bulb. Bad bulb. It caused it to blink erratically depending on if the turn signal was on or just the headlights.

Maybe this is something. When I went out to unlock my car, there is an audible click coming from the engine area. I have never noticed this before. Is this normal behavior?

Maybe this is something. When I went out to unlock my car, there is an audible click coming from the engine area. I have never noticed this before. Is this normal behavior?
if it's low voltage (12v) and low enough amperage you can get arching inside the fuse if something is wired wrong. large ampactity fuses will arch because the temp threashhold isn't reached and you will still hear a click/zap sound :(

bad new IMO

great idea tho from webby! check all the dual filament bulbs :)

The power door lock relay is probably there. I don't have access to a diagram showing what's what.

Just got back from the dealership after I put the original headlights back on. Everything checked out within spec. webby, you are correct that it is the power door lock relay that I was hearing. The tech said that it does make an audible "click" noise when activated.

So, this leaves me to believe that it is in fact the harness. If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Yea, I did my own harness. Do you want to start from scratch or start by taking apart the harness cover and let me see if its done correctly.

I'd like one from scratch. Let me get the harness and take off the looms and electrical tape. I'll post pics.

Pics of the harnesses. The only thing that really concerns me is the frayed black wire (seen in the last picture). Also, the wires appear to be epoxied in instead of having dielectric grease.

image.jpegimage-1.jpeg
image-2.jpegimage-3.jpegimage-4.jpeg

Last edited:
Back