Are these for real!!!So Cheap!!!

Are you saying you can't use these if they don't come with a harness? or can one make their own?

You definitely need a harness as there are 4 bulbs instead of 3 (2 turn signals), unless you are into messing with your existing wiring. I'm wondering why there is no pigtail off of the projector bulb connector. I've never seen these headlights without it.

As for the harness, you can make your own. There is a DIY on here for it. Luckily mine came with the harness.

Edit - Link for DIY: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-oem-halogen-projector-headlights.4834/

Last edited:
Are you saying you can't use these if they don't come with a harness? or can one make their own?

this was brought up in the diy thread -

038_G_001.sized.jpg

^^These connectors are the ones you purchase from a Honda dealership.
After soldering the wires to the connectors, the wires will then be connected to your harnesses that came with your projectors.

003b-sized-jpg.21834

^^These connectors are part of the harnesses that come with your projectors when you purchased them.
If you didn't receive any harnesses with your projectors, then you'll never get them to work and you should return them.

Finding a layman's way of describing this all hasn't been easy. I'm certainly open to suggestions so don't hesitate to comment.

Bunch of people bought these lights on eBay without a harness.

...but...but they're useless without the harnesses. My god.

I have these installed and working. No harness needed or purchased. Haters be damned.

LOL! Looking back I see you guys found my pics from the other forum... I think I was the first person to have them arrive.

How did you hook up the extra socket without a harness?

Soldered to the socket pins for the socket that is available in the US, for the other I dug into the scraps box and used what appears to be a fan plug hahha. I didn't want to potentially ruin a socket that I can't get another one of.

This is the harness in the early stages before epoxy:
IMG_20130628_225930.jpg
Here it is on the light along with the HID ballast

IMG_20130714_143634.jpg

So you did have to make a harness? Also, what type of HIDs did you get? Kelvin temp?
5000k 55w promax/xentec and added a relay harness
Yes I made the signal quasi-harness/splitter. I call it skrub's ghetto harness.

I see in the diy pic that both plugs have only 2 pin holes each and the turn signals on the projector lights have 2 but the corner lights have 3 as its a dual filament bulb. Do you guys with the harness have a pic of the 3 pin plug for the corner lights?. I think I've found a place to order the sockets and plugs but I need to have a pic of the needed plugs . Then we can make our own harnesses. Any help on this

I see in the diy pic that both plugs have only 2 pin holes each and the turn signals on the projector lights have 2 but the corner lights have 3 as its a dual filament bulb. Do you guys with the harness have a pic of the 3 pin plug for the corner lights?. I think I've found a place to order the sockets and plugs but I need to have a pic of the needed plugs . Then we can make our own harnesses. Any help on this

One of the plugs is available through any Honda parts seller, college hills has them, the other one is a bit different. Im trying to find a solution for the other one.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/index.php?threads/Lets-Retrofit-Some-9th-gen-UAE-Projectors!.8430/

Just seen these on eBay with the OEM HID's included. I wanna order them but I'm worried I won't be able to make them work. How much modification is needed?

I built some harnesses following Jasonandre DIY projector thread:

If anyone wants me to build them a set, just PM me. I can order up the parts and build some for you.

20130725_224643_zpsd817367f.jpg

20130728_132442_zps6065dae8.jpg

20130728_165738_zps1d7b83c6.jpg

Last edited:
@joshb wery nice work. I was thinking for mine since I have the 3 pin dual filament bulb on the white corner light I can either just hook up the low filament and the turn signal as you have leaving the hi filament on the corner disconnected, which would give me the same setup as yours or I can hook up the low filament white corner to the parking light and the hi filament to the turn signal with the orange light. im really undecided on this as there isn't any hook up info on 3 pin

@joshb wery nice work. I was thinking for mine since I have the 3 pin dual filament bulb on the white corner light I can either just hook up the low filament and the turn signal as you have leaving the hi filament on the corner disconnected, which would give me the same setup as yours or I can hook up the low filament white corner to the parking light and the hi filament to the turn signal with the orange light. im really undecided on this as there isn't any hook up info on 3 pin

Currently my parking lights are the bulbs on the outer conrers and the blinkers are the inner bulbs on the headlights (that is how my dad's Honda Crosstour lights up as well). I swapped out the fugly clear corner light bulbs that come in the UAE lights and put in some amber bulbs instead.

Back