Looking for quility HID kit

So are the mini H1's enough power? I've been reading up on them and people keep talking about the FX-R projectors and how much better they are. I understand they are not going to be plug-and-play per say, but do the H1's provide as much or more light than stock?

So are the mini H1's enough power? I've been reading up on them and people keep talking about the FX-R projectors and how much better they are. I understand they are not going to be plug-and-play per say, but do the H1's provide as much or more light than stock?
Yeah they're more than enough power for regular driving. You can check out HIDPlanet.com for more info. That forum is the main one for the Retrofit Source's kits. You'll find a plethora of info there.

Just please get the 4300k or 5000k and keep the OEM colors

Last edited:
Get yourself a wiring harness also. It will save you a lot of headaches later. It's very very easy to install and avoids a lot of the problems people have with HID kits.

Get yourself a wiring harness also. It will save you a lot of headaches later. It's very very easy to install and avoids a lot of the problems people have with HID kits.
Yeah that's why I prefer getting the HID kits from the Retrofit Source. I have peace of mind that I'm getting a quality product that won't fry my electricals nor burn out too quickly.

Yeah the relay harness will avoid any issues with "bulb out" warnings, flickering HIDs, etc

Is anyone here running the xenondepot extreme hid kit and if so what do you think about them? I have been looking at getting them.

Is anyone here running the xenondepot extreme hid kit and if so what do you think about them? I have been looking at getting them.

just bought and installed the 6000k Volt kit from XD.
20130726_153355.jpg
VERY happy with it. Night pics to follow. Thought the extreme kit was overkill.

Last edited:
aside from color of lighting, can anyone who provide pictures of their HID provide pictures of the output? against a wall/driveway/street, anything for output. Because in terms of color it's like putting on Nokya 8000l, vs 3200k, vs PIAA extreme white. We can determine the K will determine the color output but i think some members want to see if the output is good, scattered, worth it.

aside from color of lighting, can anyone who provide pictures of their HID provide pictures of the output? against a wall/driveway/street, anything for output. Because in terms of color it's like putting on Nokya 8000l, vs 3200k, vs PIAA extreme white. We can determine the K will determine the color output but i think some members want to see if the output is good, scattered, worth it.
some pics in this thread of hids on walls
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/hids-with-led-drl-kit.8958/

Here is some more great reviews of our HID kits installed in various Civic's

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Honda-HID-Kit-LED-Bulb-Review-s/1224.htm

Danny

Back