9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

The lack of e85 in the area is quite disappointing and I'm gonna have to detune quite a bit to run 93. But putting new rotors and pads on this week so they should get some work in that weekend

56a95fba452d45b87ae53f87822399d2.image.200x263.jpg

If you made the right local friend...maybe he'd let you fill your tank up with their moonshine :beer:
Lmao I was thinking about that. It'd be some expensive gas!! Wonder how that'd work if i could get it on the cheap. Haven't ran the car on pump gas in over 2 years. Except driving across the country on a MPG tune.

Please tell me they have 93 around there at least, and not 91 pi$$ water

Lmao I was thinking about that. It'd be some expensive gas!! Wonder how that'd work if i could get it on the cheap. Haven't ran the car on pump gas in over 2 years. Except driving across the country on a MPG tune.

Please tell me they have 93 around there at least, and not 91 pi$$ water

They have 93, I think some stations carry ethanol free gas as well but I could be mistaken.

Hey guys, Alan here with the VW GTI. I'm planning on coming, I guess I should hurry up and get a cabin or something!

Hey guys, Alan here with the VW GTI. I'm planning on coming, I guess I should hurry up and get a cabin or something!

Who are you? Only 5th post. Were you the guy in the VW that came last year?

I don't know if there are any cabins left, we're past the july 12 date for the discounted rooms.

If you try now you might be able to get a room.

El Camino's.... Hmmm He loves them?

He's got one that he and his dad worked on.

My '84 El Camino was originally my Dad's. He drove it to his work in Charlotte every day for about 10 years. He passed away in 2008. My brother and I restored it a couple years back. It will probably always be a work in progress because I have plans for just about every part of the car. I don't want to keep it exactly as my Dad had it but I want to make something he would approve of and the way I think the factory should have done it.

I like them but I wouldn't say I'm a lover of El Caminos but I love that particular El Camino. It has sentimental value to me so I will keep it as my sole project car. If it wasn't for that, I would probably have picked another old Chevy as an ongoing project. We were always Chevy fans in my family.

I do appreciate Matt collecting them for me. I plan on making some kind of display for them eventually.

Last edited:
Marathon sells it in Ohio,but I noticed in ga it has ethanol in it.Sunoco in Ohio sells 94 100 percent fuel,I have yet to see one in ga though,although they are the official fuel of NASCAR? Whatever...

The gas station right off of 129 and 143 to begin the skyway had e-free 87 (bah!), but now according to pure-gas.org, it only has e10.

Back