9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

Got the transmission back in today. Now I just have to reinstall the shifter, driveshaft, and the exhaust. I am running low on time. I have just been taking my time, but only 30 days to hpde and a little more for the Dragon.

This year with the G35 should be fun, the tires don't have much grip = lots of sideways time.

Last edited:
dsc7038.jpg

Nice! Did they tell you which one you might be in? Room/cabin # by any chance? They told me something like 1016 - 1022

I need to get an alignment before the Dragon.. I got my coilovers installed around 1,200 miles ago and still no alignment :eek:

I have '12 WRX wheels with the stock dunlop tires waiting to go one for the Dragon. :D

Last edited:
If ppl would remember that it's the curves that are the reason to be there, not the straights, then they are not likely to get tickets....
Push the turns, ease off on the straight parts.
I'd agree that the Dragon has one issue, ppl. I go there once a year on my mc, but only use the Dragon on week days.
On the positive side, the Dragon has mostly ppl that know they need to watch what they're doing(even if they aren't sure where to watch, and how far up the road to look), but at least they're looking(with the exception of the camera stations), no time to be rubbernecking/profiling with the camera. The TOTD ppl that make a living, and the ones that go there as a life style all year actually make the road safer by marking hazards and sweeping up areas that get sand/dirt/oil on the pavement, And there is enough traffic going the other way to warn you that something's wrong ahead(about as close as it gets without flagmen on each blind turn).
I haven't done that road in a car, I like the mc because it gives me more room to get out of the way of bikes or cars that "can't" keep it on their side.... To me it's a better challenge to do the road without crossing the line(even in turns I can see though) ever, what's to be gained by straightening out some parts(that's what Interstate roads are for). I look at it as if someone catches up to me by crossing the line, I still beat them. :D

Back