American Honda Reports June 2013 Sales Figures

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Honda Civic Sales Up 8.1% Over Last June

Honda_Jun_2013_Sales_Chart_001.png

Honda Reports June Sales Surge on Record Light Truck Sales; Acura RDX Posts Record June Sales
  • Record June sales of American Honda light trucks; best sales since 2007
  • Record June sales of Honda light trucks, CR-V and Pilot
  • Record June sales of Acura RDX
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported June 2013 U.S. sales of 136,915 units, a total increase of 9.7 percent compared with June 2012 (up 13.9 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). The Honda division posted June 2013 sales of 123,150 units, an increase of 12.5 percent compared with June 2012. Acura division U.S. June sales of 13,765 units decreased 10.4 percent compared with June 2012.
Honda
  • Honda light trucks posted record June sales on the strength of CR-V, Pilot and Odyssey
  • CR-V set a June record with sales of 26,572, an increase of 14.1 percent compared to June 2012
  • Pilot posted its best June since 2005 with record sales of 12,085 and up 21.3 percent from June 2012
  • Odyssey sales topped 14,000, up 26.0 percent for the month with the refreshed 2014 model hitting dealerships today
  • The Accord continues its strong pace, topping the 30,000-unit mark for the fourth consecutive month and up 20.4 percent for the year
  • The Civic posted sales of 29,724, up 8.1 percent compared to last June
"Honda was firing on all cylinders in June with the hot-selling Accord joined by the Fit, CR-V, Odyssey and Pilot all posting their best sales of the year," said John Mendel, executive vice president of sales at American Honda. "Our goal for 2013 is to be the leader in retail sales for all four of our highest volume models: Accord, Civic, CR-V and Odyssey. These solid results further showcase Honda's pure, market-driven momentum achieved by customers choosing Honda vehicles one at a time rather than relying on fleet sales to drive volume."
Acura
  • The RDX marked its 14th consecutive month of record sales with 4,023 units sold, remaining the top selling Acura for the month
  • The MDX recorded June sales of 3,828 as supply of the all-new model increased following the June 20th launch
"Record sales of the RDX underscore Acura's leadership in the fast growing entry luxury SUV segment," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura sales. "With the all-new MDX now on-sale and just starting to hit dealer lots, we look to continue this sales momentum well into the summer."
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 26 days for June 2013 and 27 days for June 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 153 days for 2013 and 154 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.

Thank you very much!

By company 2013 total volume:

1. GM
2. FoMoCo
3. ToyMoCo
4. Chrysler
5. Am Honda

Only 5105 Jaguars - I had no idea they sold so few.
Volvo is in trouble.
I can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to buy a Smart.

• Staff
1637 Jaguars sold last month... ?
Smart cars - I think the last 3 I've seen were all used as advertising. They had vehicle wraps on them with advertising for whatever brand.

Do they ever release the breakdown of sales per model?

Edit: Duh....I didn't look at the initial post. I just looked at the chart in the third post.

Last edited:
Thank you very much!

By company 2013 total volume:

1. GM
2. FoMoCo
3. ToyMoCo
4. Chrysler
5. Am Honda

Only 5105 Jaguars - I had no idea they sold so few.
Volvo is in trouble.
I can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to buy a Smart.

Kenny: Smarts are quite popular in Europe. Companies buy them for advertising their companies, women buy them because they are so small they fit in parking slots rectangular to the road. There are also a lot of Smart parking places in big EU cities on which only Smarts can park and the parking fee is the same as for motorbikes. This is big deal in cities like Amsterdam where 1 hour parking costs 5 eur ($ 6,5). Smart cars can often park for free.

The diesel version has a real consumption of 71mpg. I don't know for USA but there are a lot of different versions of Smart cars.

It has also a lot of sense in old EU cities (for example Venice, Genoa, Rome, Paris, ...) where some roads are very tiny due to old buildings and you cannot pass through or park with a normal car...

Then you look the price - which at least in EU is quite competitive - If you put all this togather it starts making sense :)

Here people buy them instead of scooters (you don't get wet in it). I personally don't like Smarts but when I first drove one .. I actually had fun in it :)

What about this one haha :)
You can buy it for about 10.000 USD

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_EFdWcLXpg

Kenny: Smarts are quite popular in Europe.

I see the appeal, of course cities in Europe are entirely different than in the US. Also, the diesel is not offered in the US. I've also seen too many stories from owners that experienced horrible quality issues (particularly with the transmission), that were ignored by the manufacturer.

It sounds like this auto has not been well supported in the US.

That's good information. Well - if they don't want problems maybe they should buy Hondas! ;)

I didn't have any problem whatsoever with my former Civic :)

Back