9th gen Honda Civic tourer

Very nice. It looks like they really stayed close to the concept from what I can see. They also went with the same style of rear seat configuration as the honda fit/jazz.

actually the 9th civic euro and also the 8th gen euro civic has the same magic seats. Thumbs up :)

They comment about it being useful for heavy loads in the back of the wagon. It may be a wagon only deal.

View: http://youtu.be/_gfeWJquugo

Based on the European five-door Civic hatchback, the Tourer keeps the hidden rear handles and wheelbase of the latter adding a 235 mm (9.25 inches) longer rear overhang, an extended rear quarter window to cover the body work of the D-pillar, while the rear door sash has been raised by 17mm (0.67 inches). Naturally, the rear end of the car is brand new featuring a large tailgate with a 137mm (5.4 inches) lower loading lip compared to the 5-door model.

The Civic Tourer offers an impressive class leading trunk capacity of 624 liters with the rear seats in place (up to the height of the window) and 1,668 liters with the rear seats folded (up to the roof lining). These figures are better than both the 605/1620 liters of the VW Golf Variant (Jetta SportWagen in North America) and the 587/1,470 liters of the new Seat Leon ST.
Honda says that the cargo area will accommodate 2 full-size mountain bikes or 3 large-sized Samsonite cases with the standard tonneau cover pulled over to conceal the cases. Adding to the Civic Tourer's versatility is the so-called Magic Seats system that is said to "enable a range of seating configurations".

In the technology department, Honda developed a brand new Adaptive Damper System (ADS) for the Tourer to enhance stability and comfort under varying load and driving conditions.
When it goes on sale across Europe in early 2014, the new member of the Civic family that is built at Honda’s UK manufacturing facility will offer buyers an initial choice of two powertrains, the new 118HP (120PS) 1.6-liter i-DTEC turbo diesel and the 1.8 i-VTEC gasoline unit in manual or automatic transmission versions.

The boot is actually a bit smaller than the Skoda Octavia Estate. The big difference is that the Octavia is aiming at older people and families who target price/value cars as the Honda aims to younger families. At least in my opinion. I will try driving it when it comes here.

Back