New axles
FCP Springs (F&R)
Bilstein Shocks (rear)
Front Rotors, Calipers and Pads
Rear Rotors, Calipers and Pads
ATE Blue Brake fluid
4-wheel alignment
Engine Oil & Filter

I might not get it all done but we'll have fun anyways.

:thumbsup: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup:

You Can DOOOO EEEEEEET!!!!!!

Oh I should let you NE guys know... I will not be caravaning down but might be going back with you guys. Ill be in Louisville the weekend before so ill be driving over from there. Not sure about my return trip yet.
Nix what day are planning on heading down? Maybe we can caravan

Oh yeah..

wprg.jpg
kwet.jpg

dx7d.jpg

There's no point in modding the G35, it'll do just fine with me behind the wheel, it needs a real LSD though, maybe I'll score one at a junkyard.

Reactions: etf
nice just put on a set of re-11's on my gti too lol
u driving a mk5 or 6? i might need to ride in your car to feel those brakes. cant decide on ecs, brembos, stoptech, alcons, vwr

nice just put on a set of re-11's on my gti too lol
u driving a mk5 or 6? i might need to ride in your car to feel those brakes. cant decide on ecs, brembos, stoptech, alcons, vwr

MKVI

It's a 2011 Autobahn, just got the brakes on, not so sure about them. When I slam on the brakes it stops quick, but I expected more ABS / squealing. They are definitely bleed very well, no leaks, etc. Maybe the brakes need to bed in more.. or maybe I'm imagining things, or maybe the RE-11s just kick ***, I'm not sure.. I need more time to make up my mind.

You got a GTI now? What mark is it? Mods? (edit: oh mkvi on your profile)

I had a little bit of trouble with the ECS kit, I love the look of the rotors etc, but when I put it on it leaked from the crossover tube. After they had it painted, it wasn't reassembled tight enough. I had to tighten it about a 1/2 turn. However, they have very detailed photo instructions with the kit.

Stoptech is always a good choice. It was a bit more from ACHTuning I think, but they also throw in rear rotors and pads, which if I had known about that it might have changed my mind. If you are going to the dragon and you are on stock pads. You should probably upgrade those.. last year my brakes were smoking pretty easily.. especially the rears.

Depending on what mods you got, you may want to go for a quick ride along I have mine pretty well modded. k04 etc.

Last edited:
I have StopTech Rotors and pads on my WRX.

I feel like the rotors are warped or something. When braking the steering wheel shakes as times.

Could possibly be a build up on the rotors from the pads...

I have StopTech Rotors and pads on my WRX.

I feel like the rotors are warped or something. When braking the steering wheel shakes as times.

Could possibly be a build up on the rotors from the pads...

Yes, don't sit at stoplights with your foot on the brake, I use the handbrake if I'm on an incline, keeps pads from touching hot rotor and embedding deposits.

Yes, don't sit at stoplights with your foot on the brake, I use the handbrake if I'm on an incline, keeps pads from touching hot rotor and embedding deposits.

Yeah usually if it's level I don't put my foot on the brake. But if on inclines I do. :/

There's no point in modding the G35, it'll do just fine with me behind the wheel, it needs a real LSD though, maybe I'll score one at a junkyard.
That's kind of the way that I feel about my Volvo. The PCV system is so plugged up, it smokes like a MF when it is idling. The front suspension creaks from the upper strut mounts being deteriorated, the sway bar end links are worn and rattling, the rear shock mounts are worn out (more rattles)....sigh. Maybe I'll just change the oil & filter so I can say that I did some prep. I will be happy to be at the meet no matter what I'm driving. Is there going to be an award for Most Ghetto?

Reactions: Nix
That's some really nice stuff! I didn't get to drive with you last year, maybe we can have a "go" this year. ha ha

My list has become shorter and longer all in the same day...

Trans fluid- done
New brake lines and fluid- 3/4 done... Driver rear, the 2 nuts on the hard line are seized and frozen, need to cut the line, new nuts, re-flare and re-install and then put in my good ATE type 200 fluid..
New clutch line- nuts are seized and I have to either buy new line or cut, new nuts and re-flare and re-install with new fluid
Oil change- next weekend
Brake pads- next weekend
New battery-this week
Clean air filter- done
New radiator hoses- next weekend

I think that's it....

That's kind of the way that I feel about my Volvo. The PCV system is so plugged up, it smokes like a MF when it is idling. The front suspension creaks from the upper strut mounts being deteriorated, the sway bar end links are worn and rattling, the rear shock mounts are worn out (more rattles)....sigh. Maybe I'll just change the oil & filter so I can say that I did some prep. I will be happy to be at the meet no matter what I'm driving. Is there going to be an award for Most Ghetto?

My car is old and getting worn as well, but thats why I have it, no payments and it already has quite a few scratches & dings.

Overall the chassis is still in good shape, the PO replaced both front tension rod bushings which fail around 100k, the swaybars and links are still good, the only thing is that the front control arms and balljoints are wearing but not at the point to need replacing just yet, probably next year.

I want to mod it but since I paid 7k for the car I dont wanna put 2k into it for new shiny parts, thats why the junkyard / craigslist are my friends once again.

Outrageous claim: I think the G will be better to drive and just as quick as previous WRXs, the chassis is far more balanced and I realize I can carry just as much speed through corners and use rwd to drive out, where the Subarus of years past would plow like bulldozers,

Can't wait until the exhaust video :eyebrows:

kasper04 - Hey man, yeah we can definitely try and meet up and drive down at the same time. I'm going to be heading over there on Wednesday the 11th. Let me know what you're thinking and if things line up that would be great.

Hopefully I have everything done on the bimmer, but just in case I need to do a few minor things to the Si. Brake fluid, oil change, air filter, and tire change.

Back