Metro Honda

Wow maybe I should take it off then. About what percentage of 9th gen Civics do you think have the pinstripe? It must be extremely common for the dealer to do it

I've seen maybe 5 users post pics of their car with pinstripes and I think almost all of them removed them.

My stripes have kinda grown on me a bit. It makes the side body lines pop a bit

Attachments

• IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    595.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    485.3 KB · Views: 13
Stripes ALWAYS wear down and flake over time. Better to take them off asap unless you want to replace them later or possibly have permanent stripes via unfaded paint.

in a year...I would say no. It's going to be worse in situations where the car sees sunlight all day long. So if it sits outside in the sun...that's where your paint fading issue would be. The older the car/more sun exposure, the worse it'll be. If it sits in a parking garage with a roof all day, and sits in a garage at night.... it's not going to be anywhere near as bad as a car that sits outside in sunlight 24-7.

With the car being a year old you don't think it would leave a visible mark from faded paint do you?
Last week I removed the factory pin stripe in a 98 pathfinder. The paint didn't fade under it but the pin strip on the fenders etched into the paint. It all depends in the color and exposure to the sun. I guarantee that you won't have any issues peeling your stripes off :)

Last week I removed the factory pin stripe in a 98 pathfinder. The paint didn't fade under it but the pin strip on the fenders etched into the paint. It all depends in the color and exposure to the sun. I guarantee that you won't have any issues peeling your stripes off :)
Thanks. Already did it though. Hair dryer, fingernail, Goo gone. Then clay bar, polish, sealant

Back