9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

Impact driver & drill. All 4 rotors and pads in about 45minutes.

What if you don't have the impact driver or drill? :giggle:

I don't need pads but my rotors might have deposits on them causing it to shudder under breaking (more so light breaking)

Then you buy them and are prepared for next time. And don't replace those stupid set screws. They are there for factory assembly only.

Not sure where the BMW spent its life, but there is no rust. 250k miles meant it was well taken care of. The si hasn't seen snow either. My Nissan truck is the same way. I don't think I could deal with the snow, and rust.

I wouldn't change pads without at least turning the rotors. You need to bed in the pads

Never did this unless there was a vibration under braking, if there is not, I never had issues with just replacing pads, she'll be fine.

I think I got a bad set of front rotors on the G, so they're getting replaced.

I wouldn't change pads without at least turning the rotors. You need to bed in the pads

Sounds good, and I agree, If it's needed. They can be checked with our fingernails. JAFYI..... If they are turned every time the pads are changed, we'll run out of enough rotor metal to keep them from warping(which is fine if we have the extra money). I just don't think they need it if they are still smooth. Washing the rotors, and also use some brake cleaner(on the rag), also helps.

So I looked for the pads on college hills Honda and they were, front for all trims except si and hybrid and rear for ex. :( and at the dealer they r 70$

So I looked for the pads on college hills Honda and they were, front for all trims except si and hybrid and rear for ex. :( and at the dealer they r 70$

www.rockauto.com

They have them for the 9th Si, and ranging from $20-$45, depending on what type you want. Most of rockauto's inventory is usually in NY, so you might get them a day or two later, so order quickly.

Back