9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

If the pad is the same compound then nothing is needed to be done with the rotors. Switching compound then change disks (2pc) or have them turned (1pc).

I usually don't turn the rotors either. Like everyone else has said, not needed unless changing compounds.

I went from OEM to stoptech streets on the stock rotors on both past WRXs and never had a problem with pulsations / fade / etc. on the street.

Both years at the dragon meet they were fine. I just changed brake fluid this week and the brakes feel much more solid. There's still pulsations but new rotors are coming this week.

Thanks for all of the hard work. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Thanks, as expected the attendee list grew massively this year, so we've effectively doubled the amount of people coming, so some new 9th-driving members have registered as well.

I have some free lightly used front brake pads for anyone in an 06-11 DX/LX/EX. I did not care for them but if you would like a set to burn up on the dragon I will have them with me. Lots of pad left. I just grew tired of the squeak and swapped them today. Stopping power was good though.

Hawk HP+.

I'm lookin at you @07TLX since I know you have the same car as I.

Also I had to buy a new caliper today. Bleeder bolt broke off in the front passenger side caliper. F! Had to run down to autozone and get a new one. $50 for a reman OEM Honda caliper. Got the only one they had. Sheesh. And now they don't match! One looks great and one looks old and rusty! I mean that's the most important part isn't it?

Last edited:
I have some free lightly used front brake pads for anyone in an 06-11 DX/LX/EX. I did not care for them but if you would like a set to burn up on the dragon I will have them with me. Lots of pad left. I just grew tired of the squeak and swapped them today. Stopping power was good though.

Hawk HP+.

I'm lookin at you @07TLX since I know you have the same car as I.

Haha! do you want to tell him the story @07TLX or should I, about my white legacy??

Hehe come on then... what happened? I got mine as part of a package deal or I would have gotten OEMs again.

I've now got some rotax recommended PBR/Axxis Ultimates on and some new high friction rear shoes. Frickin' if anyone orders from Porterfield, be ready to do some custom grinding/fitment though.

Hehe come on then... what happened? I got mine as part of a package deal or I would have gotten OEMs again.

I've now got some rotax recommended PBR/Axxis Ultimates on and some new high friction rear shoes. Frickin' if anyone orders from Porterfield, be ready to do some custom grinding/fitment though.

One word.... SCREEEEEEEEEEEEETCH......

I could hear Jason braking over the sound of my car with the exhaust cut-out wide open....

Reactions: Nix
I've heard great things about Ferodo Pads. Idk if they made then for the Si. I wanna say I saw a set when I was looking for my parents accord.

These will ultimately be my next set of pads.

I don't have many options for my car (unless I had brembos), so I went with stoptech, good experience on the WRXs.

Back