Tower bars, braces, Etc...

bump for you - don't think I've seen anyone with these

The 1st one is all about fitment. 2nd one won't seem to fit. 06-2011 strut bars wont fit the 2012+. A member has proven it. The 3rd is for the lower tie bars. I dk why it mentioned "Strut tower bars".

There is only one out for us,I got one and its really nicely made,the 3rd one is where I got 2 of my Megan braces,great deal! They came in 2 days. I've spoke to Megan and they have no plans for a strut tower for the 12 civic.

There is only one out for us,I got one and its really nicely made,the 3rd one is where I got 2 of my Megan braces,great deal! They came in 2 days. I've spoke to Megan and they have no plans for a strut tower for the 12 civic.

Did you notice a significant increase in handling after adding the strut bar and two tie bars? Any plans for Megan's chassis brace?

Did you notice a significant increase in handling after adding the strut bar and two tie bars? Any plans for Megan's chassis brace?
Ohhhh so they're for handling.. i never put that together lol

The 1st one is all about fitment. 2nd one won't seem to fit. 06-2011 strut bars wont fit the 2012+. A member has proven it. The 3rd is for the lower tie bars. I dk why it mentioned "Strut tower bars".
So none of those are really meant for 9th... :| IN other words that selller is full of it? I guess that FKX thing is the only option? Not ready to spend that on an off brand strut bar.

I meant this post for all bars, and braces for our cars.

Last edited:
So none of those are really meant for 9th... :| IN other words that selller is full of it? I guess that FKX thing is the only option? Not ready to spend that on an off brand strut bar.

I meant this post for all bars, and braces for our cars.
Im saying that the 2nd one is a definite 'no' since tower bars between the 06-11 and the 2012+ are not interchangeable. The 1st might or might not fit depending on the quality of the part. The 3rd can be used, but they are lower tie bars.

Strut bar is at powder coaters, I've have almost zero body roll, I have HFP , eibach sways , and all 3 Megan braces, night and day car, can't wait fit the strut bar.

Strut bar is at powder coaters, I've have almost zero body roll, I have HFP , eibach sways , and all 3 Megan braces, night and day car, can't wait fit the strut bar.
Wish you lived out here so we can go for a run..

Im saying that the 2nd one is a definite 'no' since tower bars between the 06-11 and the 2012+ are not interchangeable. The 1st might or might not fit depending on the quality of the part. The 3rd can be used, but they are lower tie bars.
New brand , but same quality as Megan, I have both, after mine pc red if I put a Megan badge on it you couldn't tell. Welds are excellent, brackets are heavy built and SS hardware with full compliment of washers and lock washers with number 8 hex on front. Ill post pics when I get mine back when it's all done in gloss red pc.

If Megan isn't making a strut bar, there may not be many choices anyway, I seem some at meets on older cars that looks a piece of extruded T 6 with cheap 1/8 inch thick brackets, thus one is for sure not that Crap!

New brand , but same quality as Megan, I have both, after mine pc red if I put a Megan badge on it you couldn't tell. Welds are excellent, brackets are heavy built and SS hardware with full compliment of washers and lock washers with number 8 hex on front. Ill post pics when I get mine back when it's all done in gloss red pc.
What are you referring to?

We need a one piece strut bar

One more question. Did you have to do any modification to the under covers, primarily the engine undercover, for the front tie bar and chassis brace to fit?

Nothing to front,my car didnt have the covers,the mid brace had the back section where the bolts go cut out in a circular cut to make the hole visable,back one ,nothing needed too,.

yry8yquj.jpg

Well she is on, ill give a report after the test drive. I'd rate the install 3 out of 10. She sure is Purdy though .

It's thicker than my Tanabe strut bar. Lol. I thought that would be one of those bars that would be hidden underneath the wiper cowl. It looks good.

Back