What don't you like about the restyled 2013 Civic sedan?

I like the tail lights in general, but for some reason I especially like the hybrid. :excited:

2013-honda-civic-hybrid-revealed-photo-gallery-video_8.jpg
The '13 tail lights are gorgeous, definitely make the car look more premium, but...I looooove the hybrid's tail lights!

I'm desperately waiting for the harness that allows us to use those tails on our Si sedans....

The '13 tail lights are gorgeous, definitely make the car look more premium, but...I looooove the hybrid's tail lights!

I'm desperately waiting for the harness that allows us to use those tails on our Si sedans....

I'd like to do that too but maybe put a little tint or something over them. Having clear headlights on an Si would look a little weird imo.

And to OP's question, I love the back end of the 13's, the front end is nice but there's a couple things I'd change. I'd make the bumper a little more sporty, lose some of the chrome, and extend the grill so there's no gaps between the headlights and grill.

Other than that I love all the changes over the 12's. 12's are sexy but I prefer the 13's.

I'd like to do that too but maybe put a little tint or something over them. Having clear headlights on an Si would look a little weird imo.
If I put the hybrid tails on my car, I would apply a red film where the brake lights are but keep the signals clear, just like the current non-hybrid '13 sedan tails

I think the wheel covers for the LX are ugly. Looks like a cheap 1990's styling. I know that most will get wheels on their car, but for those who are on a budget, a nice looking wheel cover can make the car drivable.

Not necessarily a 2013 thing, . . . . but I wish they would add locking glove box handles on the Civic like they do with the Accord.

the 13 tail lights and front grill are a huge upgrade. the 12 sedan just looks like a generic car, something youd never look twice at. the 13 is more upscale for sure.

if i had a 12 sedan i'd be beyond pissed

the 13 tail lights and front grill are a huge upgrade. the 12 sedan just looks like a generic car, something youd never look twice at. the 13 is more upscale for sure.

I disagree. Too much faux-chrome. And the tail/reverse lights are just copying competitors instead of being innovative and unique in design. Not sure how this makes it look more upscale. Don't even get me started on the '14 coupe changes.

I disagree. Too much faux-chrome. And the tail/reverse lights are just copying competitors instead of being innovative and unique in design. Not sure how this makes it look more upscale. Don't even get me started on the '14 coupe changes.
I agree with you on the 14 coupe change being terrible. Looks like change just for the sake of change. Like how did nobody say anything about the new front end? If I worked at Honda i'd be like 'am i the only one who thinks its ugly and stupid looking?'

the huge foglight cutouts look ridiculous, especially on most models which DONT have foglights

I agree with you on the 14 coupe change being terrible. Looks like change just for the sake of change. Like how did nobody say anything about the new front end? If I worked at Honda i'd be like 'am i the only one who thinks its ugly and stupid looking?'

the huge foglight cutouts look ridiculous, especially on most models which DONT have foglights

I will say, that I want to put the taillights on my '12 though.

if i had a 12 sedan i'd be beyond pissed
I like the clean look on my 12. Just wish I had the rear lip kit because the LX rear is a little lacking.

first time owner of a Civic here!
i'm not sure if this was incorporated in the previous models, i kinda dislike the split front window. the should've just made it into one solid piece

first time owner of a Civic here!
i'm not sure if this was incorporated in the previous models, i kinda dislike the split front window. the should've just made it into one solid piece
it's been that way on the sedans since the 2007 civic actually

I went from a 2003 RSX type S to a 2013 civic si sedan and I really like the my new civic's looks, performance and upgraded electronics. I am bias because I have the 2013 but I did a lot of looking before I bought this car. I like both the looks of the front of the car and the rear lights. The wing is a little much but I can live with that. I have a black sedan and it looks like a sleeper, an old man's car. But surprise, it has guts!

I don't like the fact that in the 9th gens, I can no longer access the trunk via a release from the back seat and also the deletion of center console/shifter ambient lighting between the map lights.

the 13 looks much better. Looks more upscale and not cheap like my 2012 LX. The interior is better but I don't care about that. Well I wish Honda offered a premium stereo.

Cool seeing everyones different opinion on this topic, because I chat about this with my friends too... :)

for the 2013's I do not like the front end, tail lights, new diffuser & chrome pieces...but what I do like is the interior for sure & the increased bump on the hood over the 2012.

Back