Please help me repair my car Scratch

jayt101

So yesterday, I got a pretty bad scratch on my civic si. I suspect it was some idiot that parked way too close to me, opened his door and scratched my car. I've attached some pictures to show everyone the damage. I'm just wondering, is there anyway I can fix this myself or do I need to take it to a professional detailer to fix? Being my first car, I try to keep it in pristine condition but I know things like these are bound to happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

photo-1-jpg.28135

photo-2-jpg.28135

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 130
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Clay bar didn't work? Surprising.
You can buy a scratch repair kit. These come with micro sand paper that is used when wet. I think you will be able to get those out no problem. Others will chime in.

It almost looks like road tar. Are you sure it's a scratch?

Come to think of it, when I run my finger through it I don't really feel any roughness to it (The car has also been freshly wasxed). Perhaps I didn't add enough pressure with the claybar? I used a tiny piece of claybar (bout the size of a quarter) so I might try a larger piece and see if that'll do.

Come to think of it, when I run my finger through it I don't really feel any roughness to it (The car has also been freshly wasxed). Perhaps I didn't add enough pressure with the claybar? I used a tiny piece of claybar (bout the size of a quarter) so I might try a larger piece and see if that'll do.
Ya, man. Take that clay bar and rub the crap out of that paint. Which liquid are you using with the clay bar?

I'm using Meguairs Claybar Kit. I'll try claying it again and adding a bit more pressure. I'm really hoping its just road tar. I thought it was odd when I ran my finger through it, I didn't feel any roughness to it.

I just tried using more claybar with a little bit more pressure and still wont come off. I'll try a scratch repair kit next.

If you waxed over something that could be tar/whatever... you may need to apply dish soap like dove. It'll strip the wax in that spot and then you should be able to use clay. I don't know that rubbing clay over a waxed surface will do much good.

It looks like tar or tree sap. Hit it up with some rubbing alcohol and it should come off. If it is more of a scuff , I would suggest some polish or a light rubbing compound.

If the clay is a mild or very gentle grade it sometimes doesn't have enough "bite" to pull certain things off the paint. The wax may be helping to hold the stuff on there but from the appearance I would try what Monk mentioned. Goo-gone or some type of bug and tar remover.

It looks like tar spots to me. If there is no edge that you can feel I don't think it's a scratch.

If you want to get fancy:

http://www.detailedimage.com/CarPro-M53/TRIX-Tar-and-Iron-Remover-P624/600-ml-S1/

mothers cleaner wax saved me from having my car professionally detailed when clay didnt really cut it

If the clay is a mild or very gentle grade it sometimes doesn't have enough "bite" to pull certain things off the paint. The wax may be helping to hold the stuff on there but from the appearance I would try what Monk mentioned. Goo-gone or some type of bug and tar remover.

It looks like tar spots to me. If there is no edge that you can feel I don't think it's a scratch.

If you want to get fancy:

http://www.detailedimage.com/CarPro-M53/TRIX-Tar-and-Iron-Remover-P624/600-ml-S1/

I think you are right, there is no edge that I can feel so its most likely not a scratch. On the long wknd, I went on a 300km road trip with the Si. I had waxed the car PRIOR to me going on my trip, so thats why its hard for me to believe that the "road tar" is underneath my coat of wax. I'm going to try a tar remover in that spot. Will it damage my clear coat or the paint at all?

Back