painted/plastidipped/powdercoated wheel thread

summer rota sdx 17" painted white
IMG00005-20110417-2153.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

winter motegi mr7 16" painted purple/plum

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

hey guys, I am trying to find out if the oem 17s (2012) are painted or powdercoated b/c I wanna get them powdercoated the guy at the powdercoating place thought they were powdercoated but I thought they were painted from the factory any help would be appreciated.

All of the honda wheels I can ever think of were paint/clearcoat. I can't see them using powder.

All of the honda wheels I can ever think of were paint/clearcoat. I can't see them using powder.
ok thanks I will post some pics after they are done a little closer to christmas.

They do rust. Not badly though. There is flat black "wheel" paint out there. Just wash, wire brush, and spray them. You could get them powdercoated though. I just plastidipped the hubcaps/wheelcovers on mine and didn't worry about the inner wheel face itself.

That is nice! The problem I have with plasti dip is the texture. It makes it really hard to clean brake dust from them.

But white looks great. Especially on a red car.

Thank you. Yes unfortunately the brake dust is a pain to get off and doesn't completely come off but I wash it the best I could without peeling it off.

The plastidip clear glossifier is suppose to help with brake dust. Just tried it about a month ago. I spray my wheels and tires with Meguiars and wow it shines,

Back