8th Gen Rigid Collar Kits

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I dont know anyone who has that kit. I would go with the BLOX since it's probably the same CNC'd or lathed material.

i just installed these on my car this past weekend, its a noticeable difference and worth the $80 or whatever the blox cost

Reactions: Nix
Cool. Thanks.

@Br3TT : Have you done the upgraded compliance bushings on the front lower control arm also?

i have the energy suspension bushings in the front lca

Reactions: Nix
Here is what they look like. The smaller ones go in the rear and the bigger ones go in the front between the subframe and the car. The ones with the cutout that looks like it would hold a bolt those obviously go between the subframe bolt and the subframe itself.
py2u9y2y.jpg

gamu3uqu.jpg

ma3u7agy.jpg

a6a5aru7.jpg

I had my subframe off because I was installing my new transmission, but from looking at it I think you would be able to lower the subframe just enough to slip these in one at a time with the bolt out.

With the compression forming the aluminum, I wonder if these are something that should be replaced each time the subframe is dropped?

yes, others have said they're supposed to be replaced each time. So if you've got to replace your clutch etc you'd need a new set each time supposedly.

Back