Center console

Matsweeper

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys, I was wondering what to put on my center console compartment and the one under the steering wheel closest to the drivers door. What do you guys in them? Pics or just info would be great. Maybe you have a customized section idk. Thanks!

I keep all my loose change in one of those purple Crown Royal cloth bags. And I keep that in the compartment you speak of. I've also seen DIYs where people have drilled down into that compartment to mount a little toggle switch for various things, but I'm not into permanent modifications on brand new cars.

I put the garage opener in there, along with a portable external battery to juice up my phone that's mounted on the small side window.

If you haven't heard of it yet, I recommend you check out this dynamite app called Waze. It's a community of drivers who send out alerts of upcoming hazards, like vehicles stopped on the shoulders and cops ;)

I keep my garage opener in the compartment by the door as well. In my center console I keep various things like my wallet, sunglasses case, and the lightning cable for my iphone5c

I keep my silver in a silk sunglass bag and keep the bag in the left armrest pocket; Pennies in the left dash pocket, and my g-door opener has a clip to hang from the bottom of that pocket; My centre console pocket, plastic tooth-pic, sunglasses, keys(when not in the ignition).

I keep a plastic pint cup on my work bench in the garage, and dump change into it from the car when there gets to be to much. When I take the cup to the change machine I usually come back with 50 to 70 dollars.

In the center, I put my sunglasses in the raised compartment and keep the lower tray empty to reduce clutter. The raised compartment doesn’t fit some styles of sunglasses I’ve tried but luckily my primary pair fits just fine.
hqzfKpJ.jpg

Closed and clean:
dbF9A4I.jpg

In the lower left cubby, I keep the controllers for my LEDs and my radar detector.
oELuPGT.jpg

I put enough slack in the lines that I can pull them out if I need to operate them. Both of these are “set and forget” types of things for me, so I rarely need to use these controllers but it would be a pain if they were hidden away in the glove box.
rxPE266.jpg

Hard-wired radar detector (in case you were curious). In Florida, it’s against state law to have anything suction cup mounted to your windshield other than a GPS device for driver visibility. This is mounted TO the rearview mirror so it doesn’t break any laws I’ve been able to find.
W6KG634.jpg

Back