What would you pick? Camaro ZL1 or Corvette Stingray Z51

• Camaro ZL1 - Fully optioned out with Recaro Seats

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Corvette 2Lt Z51 - Mag ride and recaro seats

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Snake-eyes

WA/Alaska
This is just the comparison game to spicen things up in here.
If you could choose between a fully loaded Camaro ZL1 (save yourself roughly 10 grand) or a new Corvette Stingray 2014, what would you choose and why?

Lap times laguna secca
Corvette Stingray 2014 1.38.2
Camaro ZL1 1.39.29

Is the corvette 10 grand better? Let the debate start! I figure this is the best forum for this being there will be little Bias from those that belong to each side already of the camaro / corvette crowd!

Reactions: Nix
Neither! But, Camaro cause to me the 'Vette just has that "old guy" stigma with it. It's too bad cause the new ones are really nice looking I think. But eh, Camaro.

Hahahah sorry man. I knew you would see this. But come on.... when people say corvette owner, you know this is typical and you totally see this guy doing 57 in the left lane...

picture_522.jpg

Unfortunately you're right.

I've read articles stating that GM is hoping to attract younger buyers with the new C7. How many "younger" buyers are prepared to burn $50K-$75K on an impractical automobile? The new Z06 will probably start at $80K and go up to over $100K.

It is what it is.

Reactions: Nix
If I was rich I'd rather have a corvette. But I dont want to age 30 years spontaneously......

I would go with the Vette based on looks and more of a racing pedigree. Camaro for me is more of a muscle car which also great but not a precision machine, talking image wise. Numbers suggest this one is a finely tuned racing beast as well. The Camaro is taller even if maybe same low center of gravity plus I am biased to Vettes :)

If I would spend that money I would test drive both and include other competitors as well. Nissan GTR always comes to my mind and a Lotus Elise as well. Almost forgot about an Ariel Atom. Now it depends of one is after performance, looks, both combined, must be a US made car or maybe even just project the image they choose. People buy cars for different reasons.

The 10k difference is significant accounting wise but this is a purchase for financially comfortable people where 10k has a different weight. Or for people financially irresponsible where again 10k has even less weight in their eyes. If I was willing to spend 100k more or less on a car I may have 10k more somewhere if that would buy me that car I like the most.

I choose the Corvette. The ZL1 Camaro, like all Camaros, has the rear 'fender vents' that don't do anything. That throws me off. Lol.

Based on design and functionality, the Corvette wins.

The ZL1 has a massive 28mm rear sway bar. I measured the rear sway bar of a Camaro SS with ZL1 parts the other day.

Surprised no votes yet for the camaro?
They just seem so common? Go for a 10 min drive in probably any town and you're likely to spot 5-10 different camaros. They may not be the zl1, but you still see them everywhere. It also looks huge (in my opinion). I've not been a huge fan of the current body style. The vette has an entirely different look/feel to it. The interior and exterior upgrades are huge on the vette. It's a no brainer for me.

I would love to have one of the older body style camaros. alot of people think they're ugly but i like how sleek they look

Back