Bluetooth HandsFreeLink issues?

anyone getting issues using their HandsFreeLink in their 2012 Civics?
I have a 12 Civic EX Coupe and have been getting complaints that there is a very obnoxious sound coming from their phone's speaker. I figured it has to be coming from the car's Bluetooth because when I switch to using my phone the noise is no longer there.

if I could post sounds I'd show you an example. Honda says they can't do anything about it until they duplicate the issue, but every time I call them using Bluetooth they don't hear the sound.
I finally recorded the sound, but the Service rep still said that they need to be able to duplicate it, not just hear it from some recording.

HELP! it has happened far too many times, and I want this fixed.
I was on the phone with Handsfree link support and they confirmed the issue of the very noisy connection. Took the car to the Honda dealer and they said the issue was the car microphone and the issue is still there after they replaced the microphone.

I called my work phone from my iPhone with HFL this AM and listened to the recording at work. What I am hearing is the noise level go way up when there is silence! While talking it is not great, but better. The system appears to have an automatic volume control system which make the noise level go up during what should be 'silent' passages. As is the system is really poor and I get complaints from people I talk to so much I have to switch to the iPhone directly. I am sure it is not the iPhone as music plays flawlessly via bluetooth and the iPhone Microphone is not used while talking with HFL.

I am interested in any other comments or fixes to this issue. By the way, I had a 2010 Acura TL with HFL and I never had any complaints making calls them.

Howard

I was on the phone with Handsfree link support and they confirmed the issue of the very noisy connection. Took the car to the Honda dealer and they said the issue was the car microphone and the issue is still there after they replaced the microphone.

I called my work phone from my iPhone with HFL this AM and listened to the recording at work. What I am hearing is the noise level go way up when there is silence! While talking it is not great, but better. The system appears to have an automatic volume control system which make the noise level go up during what should be 'silent' passages. As is the system is really poor and I get complaints from people I talk to so much I have to switch to the iPhone directly. I am sure it is not the iPhone as music plays flawlessly via bluetooth and the iPhone Microphone is not used while talking with HFL.

I am interested in any other comments or fixes to this issue. By the way, I had a 2010 Acura TL with HFL and I never had any complaints making calls them.

Howard

I was able to show them the exact sound as I called them, but they continued to tell me the same thing. They couldn't do anything because they couldn't recreate the sound while at the dealership. They asked to get the "OK" by the Service Managers to replace the microphone. They replaced it and I haven't had issues since.

I hope everything works out Howard!

I was able to show them the exact sound as I called them, but they continued to tell me the same thing. They couldn't do anything because they couldn't recreate the sound while at the dealership. They asked to get the "OK" by the Service Managers to replace the microphone. They replaced it and I haven't had issues since.

I hope everything works out Howard!
Still no satisfaction. Honda replaced the entire HFL module after I talked with HFL support. They did not replace the mic again. Same issue. Sounds like I am talking in a wind tunnel when I call friends. Any other suggestions?

iPhone is the issue?

i've also had a TON of issues with pairing my iphone, and am honestly fed up with it. Don't think it's the car. Try another phone :)

I was getting people telling me they were hearing bad noises on their end of the phone while I was using my Bluetooth connection. I called service right after somebody told me and they confirmed the bad feedback as well. Dropped it off and had a call within 3 hours that they replaces the microphone for me! I've had no complaints since and everybody I talk to says the calls sound clear. I'm glad it was a quick, free fix for me. Warranty completely covered the cost.

Might help others...
bepepe5e.jpg

I just checked and not only does it not let you reply to texts, it doesn't read or display texts anymore. I unpaired the phone and re-paired it. Still doesn't read or display texts. I also went into the Bluetooth settings to make sure "show notifications" is on.

So, if anyone has upgraded to the new iOS and their texts display please let us know. I'll keep troubleshooting tomorrow. Strange for sure.

Back