Need help with the rear coilover nut!!

TJ___90

Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
2012 CIVIC SI
Body Style
Coup
I want to put back the stock coilovers everything went great exempt for the rear passenger side the nut doesn't want to get loose. since its a buddyclub coilover it doesn't have a pin on the top like the stock to hold the shock from rotating with the nut. I tried to wrap the top and hold it with something but also didn't work. any ideas?

d6ve1.jpg

vise grips on the top with an open ended wrench on the nut?

I believe the inside of the top of that bolt is an allen. Grab an Allen wrench to hold the bolt still and use a wrench to turn the nut.

Edit: never mind, I just noticed these aren't the stock dampers.

Try pulling or gently prying the adjustment knob out, there might be the Allen underneath. That's how my Megan's are

My buddy clubs have a small portion of the threads ground to create a spot that appears to accept a 10mm wrench right under the adjustment knob to hold.

Yes, there appears to be a small flat spot at the top where you could grip it with a wrench. Also shoot some penetrating oil into the nut and let it sit a couple minutes before you try and loosen it. I know it's most likely not rusted yet but it will probably help loosen the grip it has on the threads.

I like PB Blaster and I know Dar-Dar likes something called Kroil.

thanks all. I manage to get it out but dampener adjustment knob is out of place :( after that I was able to hold the piece under it. Is there a way to fix the adjustment knob?? was hopping to sale the coilovers I need the money to by a TV since mine gave up after 8 years -__- vizio
:ohsnap:

is that snapped off? Like the rest of it is down inside?

Doesn't look good and I'm not willing to go tugging on mine to see if that comes out of there.

Search online for 8th gen Buddy Club suspension. That damper adjustment knob breaks all the time. If you call Buddy Club USA you can have them send you a few. On the 8thgen forums there is a guide on how to replace them. Very simple

To answer your first question. It's most likely really tough to remove because you still have a lot of load being place on that nut. If you put the car on a jack/hoist and let the rear suspension decompress... that nut should come off much easier

Back