Still getting popping noise.

I had this kinda thing happening to me, but i did the full coilovers. My noise was being caused by the sway bar endlink on the left side not being attached. I'm assuming you're still on stock struts if you just did springs, so it shouldn't have adjustable endlink connectors. But make sure it's actually connected and hasn't popped out of its joint. I caught mine pretty early, so very minimum damage was done (scratches pretty much).

oh nvm! i just read that you DID change the struts as well? definitely check on those endlinks!
Ya the endlinks are in place, and there's no play. Ive checked all the common culprits. Ive taken out the struts twice. The struts are actually stock, with Koni inserts. I really want to take out the struts again to check the bearings, but i just got an alignment.. ;(

BTW. the binding/rubbing of the spring coils is a possibility, however its probably because its not rotating correctly with the bearing... hence one side.

In my previous post i did point out that there is more wear between coils on that side.

why dont you have someone turn the steering wheel while you watch the spring??
I did that; there was nothing visually that i noticed. The sounds seem to be come from the very top of the spring/strut. (its hard to see with wheeel on). Ill try taking the wheel off and loading suspension and report back.

Its really frustrating.

I don't have any noises with mine, top hats were placed the same way that they came from the factory (see marking on top hat). Didn't cut my bump stops either.

If you take the struts out of the car, the top hat has to be aligned the same way it came out when you put it back in. There is an arrow on them pointing towards the front of the car.

If you take the struts out of the car, the top hat has to be aligned the same way it came out when you put it back in. There is an arrow on them pointing towards the front of the car.
bump did u ever figure it out @phil136

I made sure top hats were aligned. Took everything off to check.

BTW still making the noise. Learned to live with it.

Im thinking it might be the springs not playing well with the bearings. when I took my shocks apart I couldn't see anything wrong though....

Phil,

This helps solidify my decision to get Eibach Pro-kit; I can't live with noises like that.

Why don't you consider switching to different springs? Also, why not call H&R and let them know what is going on? The may give you another passenger spring. Tell them if they do that then you will post about all their greatness on the forum if they send you one! Also send them the link to this and your rant so that they know people are watching. It doesn't hurt to ask. All they can say is no...

Phil,

This helps solidify my decision to get Eibach Pro-kit; I can't live with noises like that.

Why don't you consider switching to different springs? Also, why not call H&R and let them know what is going on? The may give you another passenger spring. Tell them if they do that then you will post about all their greatness on the forum if they send you one! Also send them the link to this and your rant so that they know people are watching. It doesn't hurt to ask. All they can say is no...

I second this. Call H&R and tell them their product isn't working properly and you want a new spring. I've found that when making complaints over the phone, if you're clearly angry and FIRM about your refund/replacement, companies will do what you want. So long as you don't swear at them :)

Back