New from South Carolina

Keens

Hey everyone, short time lurker and glad to be a part of the community. Joined a few weeks ago after coming across some good information from Bruce Bartlow on lubricants.

My name is Dylan, and I am a full time student at the University of South Carolina. I recently picked up a 2012 SI coupe DBP from a dealer friend. Love the car, love the following. I come from off-roading jeeps and trucks, so this is a nice change. I am driving a lot more at this point in my life, so I needed the fuel economy.. But wanted something fun.

Hope to contribute in any and every way I can!

eby6uby6.jpg
revemata.jpg
hy4y7eza.jpg

Last edited:
welcome to the forum man! love the coupe but every car ive ever owned is a coupe so im a little bias lol.

Thanks guys, I feel very welcome here. I love my car. Drives great, good fuel economy. I love almost everything, but only have one complaint..

The paint. This paint is SO soft. It chips if you breathe on it wrong. I am a sucker for good paint and an avid detailer, so this kind of bums me out. Oh well, it can be fixed later!

Thanks guys, I feel very welcome here. I love my car. Drives great, good fuel economy. I love almost everything, but only have one complaint..

The paint. This paint is SO soft. It chips if you breathe on it wrong. I am a sucker for good paint and an avid detailer, so this kind of bums me out. Oh well, it can be fixed later!
yeah dude i live in new england and ive had my car for just over a year and gone through a half a detail pen so far......

See, that is just unacceptable IMO. With the 8th gen horror stories I read about clear coat failure and paint fading dramatically, you would think they would step it up. I really believe an outstanding paint job would be worth paying a little extra for, but I am biased toward shiny stuff.

Oh well. Ride on.

Nice looking ride. Welcome to the forum. @Bruce Bartlow ... you have made an impact!
_____________-
thanks, web. I am so ready to hit the GSNP again, especially with the invitation from @death_roll to stay longer next time. So thought i'd relocate there, which i'm working on.

Keens and I are meeting Nix for a little Dragon/Moonshiner/Snake fun May 19th and following. Right before the minivans show up after Memorial day. Hoping to get others there too, especially those who can't make September. More later....

See, that is just unacceptable IMO. With the 8th gen horror stories I read about clear coat failure and paint fading dramatically, you would think they would step it up. I really believe an outstanding paint job would be worth paying a little extra for, but I am biased toward shiny stuff.

Oh well. Ride on.
if i repaint im going to do a sick candy metallic red with a black roof. i love the black roof and am going to wrap mine this year. i previously had it done in plasti dip but set it back to stock.

Hey everyone, short time lurker and glad to be a part of the community. Joined a few weeks ago after coming across some good information from Bruce Bartlow on lubricants.

My name is Dylan, and I am a full time student at the University of South Carolina. I recently picked up a 2012 SI coupe DBP from a dealer friend. Love the car, love the following. I come from off-roading jeeps and trucks, so this is a nice change. I am driving a lot more at this point in my life, so I needed the fuel economy.. But wanted something fun.

Hope to contribute in any and every way I can!

eby6uby6.jpg
revemata.jpg
hy4y7eza.jpg
Wow... love that beautiful beautiful color. But don't worry the small stuff like blems... if it's still showroom perfect it probably means you've haven't enjoyed it.

Oh well. Ride on.
I totally agree. The paint quality in general leaves something to be desired, at least compared to the Accord and other cars in the price range. About the softness of it. It is soft... but I was told (by a pro painter) that soft paint actually chips less than harder paint, since it gives a little. The harder paint, which you'll get when it's repainted, will chip more easily. I have not validated that statement, however. It might also depend on each state's VOC restrictions.

Here's a solution. For about $70.00, you might consider a do-it-yourself clear coat bra, like 3M's Paint Defender System. I bought the basic kit ($45) and an extra can of film ($25) which I needed for complete engine hood and bumper coverage. It's not as good as the pro jobs that sell for a grand... but for $70 it's the (ahem) clear winner.

Check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ls_o00_s02_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=651998669-20

Thanks for the comments on the pictures. Amazing what the new iPhones are capable of!

Back