Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

tynazysa.jpg
nuza5ypy.jpg
be9uta8e.jpg

Got rid of that chrome! :)
Love that. What did you use?

I used a clear vinyl hose to determine if oil is going through the tubing. If it's a bad sign of too much oil going through, I'll buy an oil catch can.

Installed 22mm sb on my 13 lx. The bolts provided by progress would not go through the hole on the backing plate so i didnt use any reinforcement plates. Everything bolted up with no problem. So one person from progress told me that i had to use the reinforcement plates and then the engineer said not to worry about the plates if everything bolted up without them. Wtf should i do use the dang plates or not? Sry frustrated over a simple mod.

I just need an opinion and come monday im going to see if progress will send me a different backing plate.

You might have to get the proper brackets if you are aggressive on the turns.

Go to HD or somewhere and get bolts that fit. You are talking about the plates that bolt to the rear lower control arm correct? Where the end link attaches to the car? People were breaking that tab off which is why Progress started including the plates. There should be a second hole that you can bolt the plate to the arm with also. Some even drill a third hole in the arm to match the one in the plate.

Nix yea thats the plate but heck progress to should send me another plate. Thanks for your help and ill put the plates on monday if i decide to just get diff bolts. Man this stinks youd expect everything to fit properly you know.

Reactions: Nix
I think it's most likely because the bar and the hardware was all made for the 8th gen (06-11) Civics and it just happens to still fit on the 9th gens. The mounting holes on the lower arm are probably different but Progress is just sending the same 8th gen package and hardware.

But yeah, stinks when you have to revise and get your own bolts during an install. Put washers and those nylock nuts on to make sure everything stays tight and you never have to worry about it. You know the nuts that have that plastic ring on the one end? They work great.

These things:

NN10SS.jpg

Back