How can I make my 2012 civic sedan more stable at high speeds?

ozed

Lahore, Pakistan
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
I live in Pakistan, and for all intents and purposes there are no speed limits here. That is not to say I don't drive safely, but on the nearly empty highways its open season. The problem is, when I hit around 140 kph its feels like the car is about to lift off. I'm literally scared to drive this thing above 120 kph. I know that this is no sports car, but it is the only reasonably priced car I can afford here due to the ludicrous tariffs (e.g. A 2.4 litre Honda Accord costs 100,000 dollars, sucks right?). Anyways, your suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
There's a case on the 9thgen Civics swaying on high speeds. The reason is that the rear sway bar is very small. You can upgrade the rear sway bar and you'll notice a significant increase in stability.

Thanks for the reply. Should I go for the Eibach 19mm, or progress 22/24mm? And where can I get the Si hardware that I need for the installation?

If you get the progress sway bar, it will have all you'll need.

Reactions: Nix
I noticed the civics being squirley at above 40 mph, it feels like its loose in the back end, and now that i got my rear 22mm progress, defiantly helps make it more planted to the road , im thinking i want to go a little wider on the tires as well

bigger rear sway bar, wider tires, and lower ride height (most noticeable IMO)
My old school celica is slammed with no sway bars and skinny tires (195/45/15) and it is rock solid on the highway. Even the 50mph wind gust wont budge it and it will be stable and keep on tracking straight lol

Yes i noticed the same issue puttin my si through the paces against another 2010 si on the highway if ur not on it control wise she will step out on u

Last edited by a moderator:
I got hfp, upgraded sways and all 5 braces ... Solid as a rock

Ive decided to take the reinforcement brackets that came with my sway bar to a machine shop and have the bolt holes enlarged. For some reason the brackets they sent me are to small for the bolts they sent me. I was told i needed these brackets because of progress bars tearing out. The sb is on my car and is doing find right now.

2013 lx sexan 22mm sb

Thanks for the reply. Should I go for the Eibach 19mm, or progress 22/24mm? And where can I get the Si hardware that I need for the installation?

Did you ever complete the upgrade that you were considering? I would love to hear your feedback regarding your issue you explained.

Did you ever complete the upgrade that you were considering? I would love to hear your feedback regarding your issue you explained.
Unfortunately I haven't. I cannot figure out a cost effective way to import the bar from the US.

Back