Photos Official Lowered Sedan Pics Thread.. :)

The oems will likely not last 4 years, but who knows? I have 16k miles on oem shocks with eibach prokits (exactly 1 yr ago) and they are degrading already. So OP keep that in mind. Lowered springs on oem shocks will wear out fairly quickly.
Yes, you were right about this. It has been almost 1 year on stock struts and Eibach Pro Kit springs and I am starting to notice the struts are beginning to lose their integrity. Time to look at other strut options to replace the OEM ones.

Because I bought a '12 just a few months before the '13 came out. The '13 is so much better and it caused my car to depreciate by about $3k the day it came out. So not only do I have a car that isn't as good as what came out just a few months after I bought mine, but I'm stuck with mine for longer because I ended up being upside down. It's not like I should have known a mid cycle refresh was happening right after a brand new body style was released.

Because I bought a '12 just a few months before the '13 came out. The '13 is so much better and it caused my car to depreciate by about $3k the day it came out. So not only do I have a car that isn't as good as what came out just a few months after I bought mine, but I'm stuck with mine for longer because I ended up being upside down. It's not like I should have known a mid cycle refresh was happening right after a brand new body style was released.
I feel you brother. I too feel the same. I might trade it in for a 14 when arrive at my dealer.

I'm probably going to be getting another car next year. Unless Honda introduces a competitive, turbocharged, DCT-equipped sport compact sedan by next year, I will be buying a used BMW. Honda has pissed me off.

The 13 was improved no doubt, but I prefer the lines of the 12. Simpler, cleaner. I plan on keeping my car till it dies, so resale is not a big deal for me. I just wish I had better sound insulation and maybe the better quality dash, but hat doesn't bother me either anymore. I guessing I'm used to it now.

The lines of the '12 and '13 are the same. The front and rear fascias are different. The interiors are different. On the '13, those things are better. Significantly. Honestly, if the '13 had a keyless fob with push-button-start and I-don't-ever-have-to-take-it-out-of-my-pocket functionality (kinda like, oh, EVERY OTHER auto maker at this point) rather than the same stupid ******* key they've been using for the past decade, I would make a real effort to get rid of my car, get a '13 Si and do all the stuff I had originally planned for my '12. The '13 Si sedan is one of the best looking cars out there in my personal opinion. Keyless fob, leather, four/two piston caliper brake set up, and 60-70 more horsepower and it would've been the absolute best ******* car in its class hands down. The '12....well, it'd need to be a '13 with all that other stuff. The more I think about it, the more I regret buying it and the more pissed off I am to be stuck with it. Not that it's a bad car, but for the price I could have had something better. If I went used, I could have had something MUCH better.

All that said, when I'm driving it and not paying any attention to anything else but the driving experience; the steering, the shifter, the pedal feel, the seat, etc. I absolutely love it. It's only when I'm looking at the (comparatively) cheap looking dash, the front end (mostly that awful grill), and when I have to start and stop the engine with a key in the steering column like I'm driving a car from the previous century, that I am disappointed. That and the fact I've had to dump an extra $6k into it to make it a little better and it still needs at least another $4k to be fast enough to tolerate. For $34k ($24k + $10k to make it fun enough for me not to be completely bored with it after a month) I could have gotten a '11 335i with every option package available.

Alright, I'm done complaining...for now.

What i meant about the lines of the car were the lines that changed (the front and rear). I really like the 13, but prefer the simplified front and rear of the 12. :hiding:

I think the '12 front with the Asian bumper and modulo grill are almost as good as the '13 Si front bumper, but not the stock USDM front.

Back