• Total voters

Bumper

Vendor
Connecticut
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
Tell me what you guys think, after reading through a thread about kplayground's blinking 3rd brake light I started toying with the idea of coming up with something that would look OE but be functional at the same time.

I bought a spare set of reflectors from Honda, disassembled them, retrofitted some SMDs into them and then ran those to a brake light module.

Here are the results.

Any thoughts?

Great innovation, and execution. Haven't seen anything like this before. Would be cool to possibly use these as rear fog lights as well.

Awesome work man! Is there a way to make the reflectors not blink and make it solid light just like the brake light?

Awesome work man! Is there a way to make the reflectors not blink and make it solid light just like the brake light?

Thanks, yea the brake module I used is 36 way adjustable. You can adjust the pulse speed and delay duration.

If you don't use a brake module they can be wired directly to the brake lights and come on when they do with out flashing.

i like it apart from the flashing. if it blinked once or twice id be cool with it but seeing its adjustable its sweet man.

you know my thoughts on this, awesome, awesome mod. totally OEM looking which is really what makes it extra nice.

Thanks, yea the brake module I used is 36 way adjustable. You can adjust the pulse speed and delay duration.

If you don't use a brake module they can be wired directly to the brake lights and come on when they do with out flashing.

looks good! I did the same to mine a few months ago, I had them running to pulse and brake, and also dimly run when the lights are on. The apparently cheap LEDs that I bought aren't holding up as well as I'd hope, I have them now just as running lights. Next project I'm going to get some new reflectors and build them with a much better set of LEDs. I get compliments about them all the time still, I'm sure you do too! Check mine out if you have instagram... @ralewine2

Back