ADExternal's PMM Civic aka Orianna

The camera picks up a lot of light so it looks a lot brighter in the vid.

Woah that looks amazing. How did you wire the lights in to respond like that? The only light that behaves that way is the dome light and I cant seem to find the right fuse/wires to tap. Would it be too much to ask for a DIY? :D :D :D

Woah that looks amazing. How did you wire the lights in to respond like that? The only light that behaves that way is the dome light and I cant seem to find the right fuse/wires to tap. Would it be too much to ask for a DIY? :D :D :D

Yessir, they are tapped to the dome lights directly since they don't have a specific fuse. I'll consider a DIY but I think a simple schematic would be enough.

Yessir, they are tapped to the dome lights directly since they don't have a specific fuse. I'll consider a DIY but I think a simple schematic would be enough.

Where/how did you reach the dome light source? Did you have to run a wire or something all the way up to the ceiling of the cabin where the dome light is located? Im totally jealous of people with electrical skills like you haha, I have a lot of time on my hands and want to work on my car, just dont know where to start :(

That's not to much for that one circuit?

Converting the dome and overhead bulb (de3175) to LEDs it will remove a lot of the amperage giving headroom for more LEDs. A de3175 is 10w @13V giving it at about .77A x2 = 1.5A + .77A = 2.27A

LEDs is usually rated at 2mA = .02A.

Since we're working with DC, the resistance is calculated depending on how you put the LEDs in series/parallel (usually every 3 LEDs by aftermarket). And wire distance/material resistance is ignored due to low currents and distance.

To simply put, you can 100% safely have 114 LEDs as direct replacements.

If anything, I'm using 12LEDs dome, 60LEDs per side, and 18LEDs front. Since the circuit is tied into two fuses both being 7.5A each. 150LEDs total and fuses didn't go. I can safely say the 3A used for LEDs is safe on the circuit.

Last edited:
wow man... totally sweet updates! I dig the lighting mod. Reminds me of how some SUVs used to have lights off the running boards, or off the side mirrors to illuminate the ground, but your version is better.

wow man... totally sweet updates! I dig the lighting mod. Reminds me of how some SUVs used to have lights off the running boards, or off the side mirrors to illuminate the ground, but your version is better.

Thanks Webby! I got the motivation from my buddy's 535i. He has his on the door handles of his bmw. :p

Very nice. My friend has something like this on his Genesis Coupe. But he has a rearview camera setup for it.

The mirror kit came with a rearview camera as well that Im trying to figure out what to do with. :p

Let me know how you integrate the reverse gear wiring to the camera system.

@ADExternal - Did you tap into the dome light source via the blue (positive) and pink (negative) wires underneath the cabin fuse box on the driver side? Ive been trying wire an LED Glow kit in such a way that it behaves like the dome light and responds to the car being unlocked ever since I got my car a year ago but cant seem to figure out exactly how :hmmm?:

@ADExternal - Did you tap into the dome light source via the blue (positive) and pink (negative) wires underneath the cabin fuse box on the driver side? Ive been trying wire an LED Glow kit in such a way that it behaves like the dome light and responds to the car being unlocked ever since I got my car a year ago but cant seem to figure out exactly how :hmmm?:

I wired it from the dome using a multimeter to find the wire. I actually don't know which fuse goes to the dimming :(

Back