Easy upgrades?

Hey all! Got my first civic yesterday! 2014 coupe EX, and I'm just curious what some easy mods for HP are. Thanks for your time!

Welcome to the forums and congrats on getting your civic!! Unfortunately, there is no "easy" mod when it comes to horsepower especially on a R18. For the engine, unless youre talking about throttle response or more aggressive sound, I would trade it back in for a K24 if a quick reliable, performance upgrade is what youre looking for. Thats just my opinion. Hopefully that helped.

Welcome :wavey: For an R18, I would stick with appearance and suspension mods only. The amount of HP you would (or wouldn't) gain isn't worth it. The cost outweighs the gains IMO.

Last edited:
Welcome........ "Progress" makes a great rear sway bar for about $200.........

Reactions: Nix
A body kit is so 90s

I partially disagree with this. It is true that a lot of exterior mods are dated. Do know that a body kit or bodykit is a collection of exterior modifications to a car, typically composed of front and rear bumpers, side skirts, spoilers, paint jobs, and sometimes front and rear side guards and roof scoops including lipkits. From what I see, people still do exterior mods of the sorts today and look amazing. As long as its done properly and not left unpainted or just primered etc. Its fine in my book, might not be my style whatever the owner chooses but he/she makes their own car/taste. Set your own trend and dont be afraid to be unique!

Welcome to the forum. These guys nailed it pretty good for you already. Mod the car anyway you like but you may find, like most of us have, that trying to get more power out of the R18 is pretty hard. It can be done but generally for the money the gains just aren't there unless you want to spend a lot and get a turbo or supercharger.

The car can handle very well with some suspension changes and getting some cosmetic upgrades to make it look the way you want aren't a bad place to start.

A "free" mod you can do it to remove the intake resonator. It might give you the sound you are looking for with an intake but without the cost. A $200 intake won't get you more than a couple hp at best. Pull the resonator and get a $50 K&N drop in filter and you'll have about the same thing for way less $$$.

Some info here:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/resonator-deleted.4147/

This is for the Si but is pretty similar for your car:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/resonator-delete-si-sedan.4811/

Back