Sub in a Sealed Box

It doesnt move anywhere because two metal brackets holding it . It does sound good and not take too much trunk space .

Yes it was bad. I had to install insulation to stop it image.jpg

For a comparison:

I have a Jl audio 10 in a sealed box 300watts RMS. And my truck resonates even at low volumes. You will all find some songs that have frequencies that just cause the trunk to sing even over the volume of the music. As stated before dynamat it a must I think, I just haven't found an economical place to get it done.

For a comparison:

I have a Jl audio 10 in a sealed box 300watts RMS. And my truck resonates even at low volumes. You will all find some songs that have frequencies that just cause the trunk to sing even over the volume of the music. As stated before dynamat it a must I think, I just haven't found an economical place to get it done.

It's funny you say that because that is pretty much the exact set up I want, only the 12" instead. You running the W0? That was what I was looking at

Haha nice! Yes I have the 10w0v3 in a sealed enclosure and an alpine mono block feeding 300 rms at 4 ohms. I picked it up at crutchfield. I also had the bass knob install on the dummy panel on the left hand side of the steering wheel.

Thats a nice setup. Does it add the right amount of bass in the cabin? I know that question is pretty based from person to person. When I play music with the stock system, for me it's almost like the stock sub is non-existant. The "premium" system is kinda sad imho

I understand. The stock sub is sub par.
I feel it has trouble picking up low frequencies but with the back seats folded up its good and fills the lows but with seats folded down it hit hard in the cabin people are in shock sometimes when I tell them it's a single 10. It also depends on you taste in music.

Well, most of the time I will be listening with the seats up. I don't really want anything overpowering. Just enough to sound good and give a little rumble. I want the 12" instead, it might bring out the lows a bit more.

I do not have any experience with sealed boxes. My former sub setups have all used a custom ported box that pushed a crazy amount of air. I need a little more thumb, this stock "premium" audio system isn't cutting it. Will I still rattle the hell out of the car with a 12" in a sealed? I know it really depends how much power. I would say around 400-500 rms. I don't want rattling panels on the interior like past setups. Just looking for some clean lows. Any input would be great, Thanks
@cdistefano27, have you seen my "Premium" system upgrade? It does exactly what you are looking for…no rattling panels and clean solid bass, nothing boomy.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-civic-premium-audio-system-navigation-stereo-upgrade.10207/

Anyone here have an aftermarket battery? i have a 12" alpine type r in a sealed box w/ an 500.1w JL audio amp(so i guess 1000w) it hits pretty hard i can feel my steering wheel shake on the lows and my wife says i rattle the windows and room when i pull up lol but it sounds clean not to much bass where it cancels the treble....but anyway my lights dim really bad and i dont wanna end up frying my alternator and i just wanted to know whats a good aftermarket battery that will fit? i found an optima for my car but the CCA's is only like 400? thats like stock pretty much.

Anyone here have an aftermarket battery? i have a 12" alpine type r in a sealed box w/ an 500.1w JL audio amp(so i guess 1000w) it hits pretty hard i can feel my steering wheel shake on the lows and my wife says i rattle the windows and room when i pull up lol but it sounds clean not to much bass where it cancels the treble....but anyway my lights dim really bad and i dont wanna end up frying my alternator and i just wanted to know whats a good aftermarket battery that will fit? i found an optima for my car but the CCA's is only like 400? thats like stock pretty much.

Have you thought about a cap instead?

Have you thought about a cap instead?
I have but iv heard they dont really work like people say they do....but then idk cause some people just buy cheap crap and not quality that really works and just dont know what theyre talking about lol what are your experiences on em?

If it's just minor when your turned up higher then normal I like them, if it's every time it's on then go battery. But a single jl amp at 500 watts shouldn't need a battery upgrade.

Caps are worthless. I've had 5 or 6 systems without caps, added one in my last setup, and it just made the bass weak after the first couple decent bass hits. Get the battery

Back