Oem interior illumination kit ?

aznblitz

Hi there

New to the boards here and wanted to ask if it was possible to put the blue interior illumination kit on an si?

Also anyone think it will look out of place on a 14 civic si sedan?

I installed the red OEM kit in mine and judging by the diagrams in the installation instructions they look the same. It's hard to say for sure though unless you put both side by side.

There are so many red accents in the Si as well as the colors in the display, I'm not sure the blue would look good. I don't remember seeing anyone else who's done it. Maybe you'll be the first.

I'd suggest looking through the different threads talking about the OEM accent lights. There is a small modification that can be done to make the red ones brighter. They don't throw much light right out of the box.

Thanks for the responses guys....I never did like too much red interior lights in my cars but I really am serious about picking up a 14 si sedan soon

I guess ill have to get use to it lol

I've tried finding pics online of the oem blue kit on an si and haven't had much luck

The wiring is the same for both kits as long as you stay within the same model year. The only differences are the LED colors and the supplied lenses.
The red kit comes with red LEDs and blue lenses. The blue kit comes with blue LEDs and clear lenses.

As for how blue would look on an Si, that's just a matter of personal taste.

Back