9CCD III: Official Registration Thread

Sorry everyone. We're all out of vacation time after our big motorized bicycle tour this year and can't stop by.

Y'all have fun eh?

Sorry guys. It's a 2 day drive each way realistically and we will have less than a day's worth of hours left to take off after our most recent trip so it's simply impossible. Such are the problems of trying to cover an entire continent on motorcycles back and forth in a limited time span!

Reactions: Nix
I understand man, my boss right now is trying to see if I can move this vacation to another time

Got a question. Not gritchng, just curious. Out of 12 cars, only 4 are Hondas and only 3 of those are Civics? Is it always this way? Why should it be that hard to get lots of Civics to the Dragon? The Dragon is a fine road that can test both a driver and the car. I certainly don't have anything against Subies, I owned 6 of them (not all at one time, but over a bunch of years) but they really aren't Honda's. At the spring and fall S2000 Dragon runs, 99% of the cars are S2000's even though all cars are welcomed. Almost looks like I'm going to have to leave Fontana on Monday morning, drive home, swap the S2000 for the Civic and drive back so we'll be closer to parity. ;)

Well, let's put it this way. Basically every one of those people that aren't in a civic right now, owned an 8th gen at one point and went to all of our 8th civic TOTD meets before we all moved over here. A lot of us are like family and have known each other over 7 yrs. It's like our yearly reunion. LOL

Got a question. Not gritchng, just curious. Out of 12 cars, only 4 are Hondas and only 3 of those are Civics? Is it always this way? Why should it be that hard to get lots of Civics to the Dragon? The Dragon is a fine road that can test both a driver and the car. I certainly don't have anything against Subies, I owned 6 of them (not all at one time, but over a bunch of years) but they really aren't Honda's. At the spring and fall S2000 Dragon runs, 99% of the cars are S2000's even though all cars are welcomed. Almost looks like I'm going to have to leave Fontana on Monday morning, drive home, swap the S2000 for the Civic and drive back so we'll be closer to parity. ;)

It seems like most 9th owners are stancekids that could care less about driving or handling performance.

Oh yeah! Forgot about you.

Horrible! You car smells VERY bad! Not only does it smell but blows smoke all the time!

While I'm not proud of what the car does, I try to make myself feel better about it by telling myself it's a "custom Spyhunter smokescreen" feature.

By all means....If you guys want to pitch in and get me some RDX size injectors (vs the ID 1000cc's that came on the car), then pony up for the tuning I'm game. Actually,, maybe that wouldn't be too crazy an addition to the car, and it could be tuned under my pre-existing Vit Viper account. :rotfl: :pray: :rotfl:

Sorry everyone. We're all out of vacation time after our big motorized bicycle tour this year and can't stop by.

Y'all have fun eh?

That sucks bigtime and you'll both be missed immensely. I understand though. Honestly, I think it's just an elaborate excuse you're using so you two don't have to add the weight of several Hot Wheel or Matchbox BMW motorcycles to your bikes for the trip home. :badger:

Dislike.....

:yeahthat:

Well, let's put it this way. Basically every one of those people that aren't in a civic right now, owned an 8th gen at one point and went to all of our 8th civic TOTD meets before we all moved over here. A lot of us are like family and have known each other over 7 yrs. It's like our yearly reunion. LOL

:yeahthat:

Although it's nice when there are more people in attendance...but as the Mrs said, this crew's been together a long time. It's not about what you drive at the meet....it's about meeting with your automotive family. Quality over quantity works for me. :thumbsup:

Speaking of family....Where are Mr. & Mrs. Jrotax, Webby, 2Fast (Yeah you Bosslady!), Kenny GS, Nomar, PainIsForThaWeak, Mikey6p, and a number of other Dragon regulars? :think: :popcornbig:

an example of the mix of cars from the 2009 meet. The full group is towards the end of the vid

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j6sycCmnWQ

Group answer for the above information. Okay, understand that most attendees are long time (former) Honda owners and good friends. We have the same sort of thing with the S2000's. I was just curious, with the large number of Civics around why the participation from them wouldn't be higher. True that not everyone has the same amount of vacation time I have or can just take off and drive to the Dragon, but I know people who plan for two trips to the Dragon annually (one of those people is even older than me, as hard as that is to believe :)). It's a shame more people don't participate. The best part of any Dragon meet isn't necessarily driving the Dragon, but the conversations and good times people have being with each other. It's more about the people than the driving.

This was posted by the Blount County Sheriff's department. Some good information, some exaggeration, but some things to think about as well.

www.dragonawareness.com

Group answer for the above information. Okay, understand that most attendees are long time (former) Honda owners and good friends. We have the same sort of thing with the S2000's. I was just curious, with the large number of Civics around why the participation from them wouldn't be higher. True that not everyone has the same amount of vacation time I have or can just take off and drive to the Dragon, but I know people who plan for two trips to the Dragon annually (one of those people is even older than me, as hard as that is to believe :)). It's a shame more people don't participate. The best part of any Dragon meet isn't necessarily driving the Dragon, but the conversations and good times people have being with each other. It's more about the people than the driving.

Stancebros don't do driving meets, they just wanna hand out in parking lots and brag about destroying their cars and comparing beard lengths. Many 9th owners are stancebros. I don't wanna deal with stancebros not being able to keep up with the group.

Last edited:
Back