ABBZ8377 13 CBP

Some Ideas I am tossing around in my head I would like some opinions on.

1. I have a ton of 0/1 and 4 gauge wire kicking around from my car audio days thinking about upgrading the grounds and battery cables. Did this in my 10 Accord and there was a noticeable difference in the overall throttle response in the car.

2.Painting the throttle body have not seen this done on any of the cars on here or maybe I just haven't noticed.

3. I have been looking at several different colors to match with my car just can't seem to find that "right" one I know anything will work with black but I am picky and its gotta be the right color.

4.Gonna ditch the red emblems I have a few Ideas but I can't let that out of the bag just yet.

5. I wanna try and do all of this on a budget and work with things I have around the house just feel like challenging myself to use up some of the stuff I have laying around and see what kind of mods I can do with spending little to no money at all.

I have been wanting to do it for a while like i said I did it in my accord and the overall throttle response improved but the civic is a little more complicated when it comes to upgrading the negative cables because of the ELD.

I am gonna be doing some modifications to my factory tb over the next few weeks and if I like how they turn out I will do them to the zdx one of them is paint. Do you have a pic of your tb ?

For the emblems, if you already have the red "jdm" ones, you can just get vinyl overlays from grfxp. They hold up pretty well and they can make them in any color scheme you want.

I've got a black background with a white H on the front of mine. I got a ratty replica emblem that I refused to put on my wifes car so it went on mine and got covered.

http://grfxpstore.com/store/product/885037696

Not really a fan of the overlays I have been on the hunt for something retro... I might even just go back to stock if I do that I gotta find the perfect color to paint them I keep seeing a bronze or something similar in my head to go with black.

Back to the yellow fogs that purple was just not working for me at all....
photo(18).JPG

Finally got around to installing the Vit plug into the TB deff. makes it look much cleaner. Still having a small idling issue but I think I almost have that worked out. Also Vit said there is no re-tune required for upgrading the TB so saving a $100 was a plus.

photo(19).JPG

So, if later on down the road, I decide to upgrade to the ZDX TB, it won't require a retune? That's awesome!

Sick ride by the way... I often wonder if I should have gone with black over the white! I miss having some shiny sparkle in my paint lol.

Ya I asked Vit tonight I was all prepped to pay for a re tune and he said it does not require one.

I haven't done a calibration in about a week because I was not sure if I needed a re tune. The only issue with the zdx is you need to adjust the set screw or your idle will jump slightly.

Adjusting the set screw is kinda tricky you need to get it just right for the car to idle correctly mine is still off by about 200 RPM'S I like my car to idle right at 1,000

Once I figure out the exact trick on how to nail is perfectly I will post an update.

Finally decided to put some coilovers in and ditch the skunk springs still need to do some slight adjustments with the height but I am happy overall with the look also put the factory badges back on car looks much cleaner.coils.jpg 20140726_143116_resized.jpg IMG_20140726_144545.jpg

How exactly you fixed your idle prob? After you installed it, any CEL ? And last thing... When you installed your 3.5" intake , how the car reacted ? Before you get tuned... Again any CEL ... Thx

My car was already tuned before I put the 3.5 intake on but I had to have it re tuned so I never had any lights or anything. And if you are asking about the idle problem with the throttle body there is a screw that needs to be adjusted.

Because i did ALOT of reading in different forum and its just you and another that tried the zdx on stock im ... You both had idling issue... Since its my daily driver, i wondering if I should do it or not... Im affraid of problem and need a ride to go at work loll ... Where is the screw ? Near the black module? And what you did with exactly..And if I put the prl sri without tune... I think my car wont be driveable... Because the maf will not be reading good... Is there any base map for it in flashpro ? That will allow to run well ..Because i plan to buy everything and install everything in one shot and get tune like a few day after on a dyno... Just affraid that the car will need to be towed to the dyno shop..? Sorry for all that... I need your help

Well the idling issue can be solved pretty easy you install the throttle body t but do not plug in the harness the car will idle really high just adjust the screw until it hits 1400 RPM'S no more idling issue now after you get it the RPM'S set turn the car off plug the harness back into the TB pull the negative terminal off the battery for about 5 minutes put it back on star the car up and let it relearn the idle and you will have no issues. And as for running the PRL there is no base map for it. I know that if you try to run it without FP you will throw a CEL.

Back