First e-dyno from Vit

You have to remember with a cast-in header the gains you see are going to be much less drastic when compared to swapping out headers and exhaust for the K20Z3 there is just much more potential for flow with a less restrictive head. Although i guarantee the car is getting better gas mileage than before as well as smoother transitions throughout the power band and no delay in throttle control as it's all adjusted in the tune.

Those numbers just make no sense at all. Look at the bigger picture if people were only gaining 5hp after those mods there would be a lot more b!tching going on and something tells me it would not take a week or better to get a calibration from VIT because the guy would have 0 business and we all know that's not the case.

Those numbers just make no sense at all. Look at the bigger picture if people were only gaining 5hp after those mods there would be a lot more b!tching going on and something tells me it would not take a week or better to get a calibration from VIT because the guy would have 0 business and we all know that's not the case.

Exactly. I can tell it isnt just a 5hp gain, but man I really want and accurate dyno number...I thought for sure I would hit 200. But maybe not, I could be wrong on that

Before I went back to stock I was there or better never got to actually dyno the car but I talked to VIT one night and he told me I was in the game.

Before I went back to stock I was there or better never got to actually dyno the car but I talked to VIT one night and he told me I was in the game.

I still am toying with the idea of going back to stock (minus my catback and suspension stuff) I just need the damn bolts for the Down pipe

My reasoning was I hit the 200whp mark the next logical mod would have been the RBC which I did not wanna do because of all the mixed reviews. So what option does that really leave ? they don't make cams for the car so that's out and I am not gonna drop 4 or 5k to SC or Turbo. I could have done a few more minimal things and maybe gained a few ponies it just started to make no sense dropping anymore money into the engine for minimal to no gains.

You could look for dyno days at shops in your area and maybe throw it on a dyno for $20-$30 to get an accurate reading

Exactly. I can tell it isnt just a 5hp gain, but man I really want and accurate dyno number...I thought for sure I would hit 200. But maybe not, I could be wrong on that

Dyno numbers are not accurate.. it's a tuning tool nothing more. What you can base it off of is Gains between baseline and after the tune was done. Dyno numbers are irrelevant, its all about the GAINS. unless you're that dyno queen.

Like i said the Head is VERRY restrictive when compared to the z3 head i think this ones down almost 45 cfm if not more. Meaning adding bigger piping after the restrictive point is as you can see with the numbers almost useless.

I encountered this with the R18 cast-in-header just like the new K24. my solutions sent my head off to Larry Widmer for some serious CFM upgrades. This guy is awesome only problem he's never happy with his work so he's always trying to perfect it and get more.. although i can say i got close to an additional 50 cfm so far and hes still going at it.

Back