Need to vent about the car wash

jassmi

Massachusetts
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Spent 4 hours at the self service bay style carwash detailing my car. Had big plans for a photo shoot and stopping off at a local car show.

When feeling proud enough and satisfied with the job I did I began driving home. What do I hear? Click clack click. Nail in my damn tire. So aggravated.

Now I know I should be more cautious but is it really asking a lot for a wash attendant to sweep the bays and lot?

Reactions: Nix
Ah man! That sucks! I totally thought this thread was going to say you went through the tunnel and got all scratched up. Even worse that you spent the time to do it properly and still ended up having something bad happen to your car! Horrible luck.

You know that nail got blown out of the back of someones work truck that they were just hosing off real quick. I never see attendants at the one here. They don't do a thing to clean up trash and whatnot. I almost feel like I should turn on the hose when I get there and wash the floor down before I drive in now.

I'll go one step further, I bet it's the rear wheel that's flat!
I doubt that you got the flat at the wash bay, as in most cases nails lie on their sides, and the way they get stuck in a tire is for the front tyre to pic it up so it will go into the rear.

I do hate pick up truck drivers that don't keep their beds closed to prevent their crap from getting on any driving surface........ Now there are body part screws that come lose that's not any ones fault.

Many years ago, I stopped to help a couple of girls on the side of the road with a flat..... they said they couldn't understand how they got a flat since they just got new tyres....Really!

Sorry you got the flat....

While we're on the subject of getting flats, we need to think about the odds, and work on trying to fight them(odds).
Like driving on the least likely area that nails will be lying......... Ride in the tracks where most dual track vehicles ride, because the nails will be kicked out of that area leaving us with a clear path, best place to find nails is near the edge of the road, more so than the centre line, as cars also have a tendency to crowd and cross it. Areas where there's houses being built, I'd look for alternate routes.
There's a lot of other things I could add but not sure any ones that interested.

Sorry that nail spoiled your day. I would just plug it and move on - quick and easy fix. Some feel better getting an inside patch.

Hopefully you got it fixed and got back to your day quickly.

Thanks everyone. Got the tire fixed and still had some good light to get some pics.

@Nix completely agree about feeling like I need to spray down the bay. I never use tunnels btw. Use the three bucket method with grit guards in the two for the paint.

Back