Considering Alpine KTP-445U PowerPack in 2013 LX

RTuckerNC

I've already upgraded the front speakers in my 2013 LX to a pair of Memphis 6.5 coax. I was considering adding a another set of these or possibly a pair of Memphis 6.5 component speakers to the back, along with the Alpine KPT-445U. I have two questions concerning this setup.

1. The output power of the Alpine unit is 45w RMS x 4. No max power seems to be listed. The only listed specs I have found so far for the factory stereo is 160w total. However, it does not say whether it is RMS or Max. Does anyone know? If the factory power is 160w max, then I'm guessing this will be a sizable upgrade. If it is RMS, would it be worth the upgrade of only 5w/channel?
  2. I regularly use the speakerphone function in my civic with my android. Will the usabibility of my speakerphone be significantly impacted?
I understand that the stereo only pushes a slightly lower volumed low-pass signal to the rear speakers. This is not an issue. I figure if the alpine would be a significant improvement, it would still sound better coming from the rear deck than it already does, even if it is still less than the front.

Bump for you

I'd say the stock speakers are going to be the biggest improvement you could make on the lx initially. I don't really think you'll see a huge improvement by just switching heads. The cheap paper speakers will still be bad on a new head unit.

The head unit is not being changed. The alpine is a small amp designed to pair with the factory stereo.

I put one of those in my car along time ago with new speakers and it sucked.the factory unit was Horrible.i tried so many things but eventually added a alpine head and all alpine speakers and amps and now it kicks ***

Damn. Sorry to hear that. So far, the replacement of the front speakers with a pair of excellent Memphis audio 2-ways has made a huge difference with clarity, but the head unit just needs a little help. Changing out the head unit would just ruin the dash displays for me, so that is definitely not an option, unless there is a unit that will fully integrate with my display in the same fashion as the factory unit.

The 14 controls everything so you may be stuck with it, I'm more than happy with the alpine addition though

OK. Here's what I putting a few bucks on today to hold until I can get it installed later in the month. (I work too much)

Thanks to the replies here and elsewhere, I went a slightly different route.

As I think I may have stated already, I have a pair of Memphis Audio 6.5s in the front doors. Everything else is stock for the LX. For various reasons, the head unit is not being changed. Today, I placed a hold on a Memphis Audio 16-PRX4.50 (4x50RMS) amp and another pair of Memphis 6.5s for the rear deck. The amp will connect to the factory head unit via a line converter.

Hopefully, this will give me all the sound I need.

Back