Check ignition system error

TuckerSI

So I just got my 2014 si seadan last month and have around 2200 miles on it so far. On Tuesday (today is Thursday) as I was on my way to work, I got an error on my display saying "check ignition system". So when I got to work, turned the car off, let it sit for a couple minutes than turned it back on, went away till today. It just came back on but I haven't turned my car back on yet. Any ideas of what on earth this is? The car turns on and off perfectly fine!

@CollegeHillsHonda any chance your service people would know? I see no warning like this in the manual

on page 66 onward in the manual it has a list of warning signs in the i-mid. Do any of those warning signs match what you see?

I called Oakland honda today where I bought it and the service guy has never heard of the problem before but to swing by tomorrow. He's puzzled by the no check engine light, just the information light Being on. I have no mods on or ever been on this car before either

I had a 2014 sedan come into my dealership yesterday with this same message on i-mid

Never got back to this thread, but fixed the problem on that following Tuesday. Its a relay that malfunctions and trips the error.
ef15935bfd471dbded3322f56ee8e790.jpg

Hey guys, so I ended up having to take Honda to court regarding this. They have been unable to fix the problem and they car has been in the shop over 10 times and it is still coming on. They have replaced the part killz stated multiple times as well as the clutch censor but still hasn't fixed the problem at all. Anyone else have any idea?

Hey guys, so I ended up having to take Honda to court regarding this. They have been unable to fix the problem and they car has been in the shop over 10 times and it is still coming on. They have replaced the part killz stated multiple times as well as the clutch censor but still hasn't fixed the problem at all. Anyone else have any idea?
Did you see the message above yours?
Quoted below

Never got back to this thread, but fixed the problem on that following Tuesday. Its a relay that malfunctions and trips the error.

Yup, they've replaced this multiple times and still happens :(
so are you going for lemon law & having honda buy the car back from you? Most states just require 3 failed attempts to qualify for the lemon law.

how did they find out it was the relay? im having the same problem. I brought my Honda civic si to the dealership an told them what was going on they told me that they would have to have the car all day to try an see if they could get it to do it . the car never did it . they told me if it starts doing it bring it back .

Back