New Year, New ride... 13' Fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW....the crappy looking bldg. in the background....they make Little Debbie snacks there. It's smells amazing when they bake.....

Man you got more rake than nascar. But it's def going to look sweet once the back end squats like the front.

The BMWs are hit or miss. Sometimes you get lucky and don't have a lot of maintenance and sometimes you get hosed. Either way, they are definitely a drivers car.

Got the rear done and rotated tires in an hour! The rear susp was only 2 bolts total for both sides(after taking the wheels off).

Drove around a bit and the car feels better. Bit stiffer but no bouncy/plush feeling like stock stuff. Responds nicely over bumps and dips. Haven't pushed it too hard but will do so soon. :hiding:

EBC greenstuff pads are not bad. Slight improvement over stock pads. Can't complain too much for $50 shipped. All other pads I was looking at would of been $80 plus shipping....too much for my budget at the moment. :/

Well....got the front done and put in new brake pads. What a pain in the FRIGGIN ARSE!!!!!! Such small spaces to work with. I should of followed my gut and just ripped out the cowling. Ended up having to do so to find a lost nut.

I utterly hate how the Fit does not have the "traditional" 3 bolt/nut top hat like the Civics and pretty much any car I worked on. Well, wouldn't hate it so much if I would of removed the cowling first and then the entire wiper assembly on the drivers side...lol. Pics below will explain better.

This is the pass side, popped of the little door with is maybe 3 inches tall. Took me 6 turns of the ratcheting wrench(which I had to run out and buy since my 17mm had disappeared) to make one full rotation on the nut. Took me 20 mins to remove the nut after it broke loose

This is the drivers side, same little door is off. Wiper assembly and brake fluid cap create space issues. Took 30 mins to get the nut off after it broke loose
IMG_1394_zpsb901c86e.jpg

Since there is almost no room on the drivers side, I ended up pushing the nut behind the strut location. Messed around for a bit to try to fish it out and ended up pushing it further back! FAIL! Removed cowling and wiper assembly to finally get the important nut. Wasted about an hour!!!
IMG_1395_zps6a88762d.jpg

Yeah, majorly sucked but once I put the wheels back on and lowered the car.......worth all the damn headaches!

Front after a little drive to bed-in the pads.....I think it was a 3-4 finger gap before.
IMG_1396_zps6b5395df.jpg

Just a little shorter.....lol I'm digging the purple
IMG_1389_zpsa39bc5c6.jpg

IMG_1390_zpsfab3d8fd.jpg

Eventually I will do a comparison shot against this one.
IMG_1100_zps908eda0b.jpg

Probably will have time to wrap up the rears tomorrow. Right now I wave the muscle car lean towards the front. You can def tell in the car, lol.

I only managed to do my fronts last night (H&R Springs as well). The difference is much more noticeable than yours. It definitely feels weird in the car. I followed your lead and just took the cowl off right away. I ran into some major issues with getting the endlinks off due to the allen wrench/nut combo. You were probably fortunate to not have any corrosion to deal with on yours.

I only managed to do my fronts last night (H&R Springs as well). The difference is much more noticeable than yours. It definitely feels weird in the car. I followed your lead and just took the cowl off right away. I ran into some major issues with getting the endlinks off due to the allen wrench/nut combo. You were probably fortunate to not have any corrosion to deal with on yours.

Yeah, driving to work and back yesterday was kinda weird. The front seem to not flex/roll as much as the rear. Now it is all nice and tight all around.

I thought I was going to have issues with the endlinks too since they had some rust on the threads but the nut broke loose with no issues. Didn't even have to use the allen key at all.....

I'm worried that this guy in this car is going to be on my *** again. Just like last year in his accord. You better make sure you get in front of me when we roll out!

So a local Fit owner is parting out hit car out. He happens to have a slightly used set of Volk TE-37s with Hankook V2 tires. Dilema is that they are 15's…..

They are 15x7s with 195 wide tires but could pull off a 205 and would be around $800 on top of giving him my stocker 16's. Not sure if I would want to go down in wheel size eventhough the wheels weigh 11.4 lbs(saving around 5lbs or so per wheel) each and the Fit "race cars" roll on 15's.

What do you guys think?

Pics for shits and giggles…..http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1260296-post2.html

Were you thinking of getting better 16's or going up to 17s? I think the 15 with a meaty tire would look good if your car is low-ish. They are a great looking wheel no matter what. Depends what you want though. Id try and stuff a 215 on that 15" and roll them fenders!

I was planning on getting 17's but now with the car being lowered I was going to stick with 16s. I wont be as low as the black Fit in the link but I would want to be that low anyways.

The only reason why i was thinking of picking these up is that I pretty much have the Accord retros sold so I got a little bit of cash to spare :)

Stuff 17's in there!! Ill bring you my fender roller at the Dragon to borrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back