9CCD III: Official Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New tire is on, new fluids are in, and everything is falling into place. I was given a bottle of Royal Purple 'Purple Ice Coolant Additive' but after some googling I've concluded it's probably not smart to add in. Anyone have experience with these kinds of products and care to weigh in?

I've never used additives but I don't see a need for them. I've also heard they can cause more issues than it's worth.

I looked up that Royal Purple additive you got for free and on their website it says the following:

PERFORMANCE ADVANTAGES

IMPROVED PERFORMANCE
Reduces surface tension of a coolant allowing more heat to transfer outside the radiator resulting in more horsepower

REDUCED HEAT
Reduces hot spots in the engine and cylinder heads, reducing the possibility of engine failure

MAXIMUM PROTECTION
Helps prevent overheating, keeps the system clean and extends the life of the water pump

You get more HORSEPOWER so that means you should use it ASAP! :rotfl:

Sometimes if my water isn't wet enough ill use the stuff. It goes great in lemonade too.

impp_0808_02_z+cooling_fact_or_fiction+redline_water_wetter.jpg

I've never used additives but I don't see a need for them. I've also heard they can cause more issues than it's worth.

I looked up that Royal Purple additive you got for free and on their website it says the following:
You get more HORSEPOWER so that means you should use it ASAP! :rotfl:

Listen brah, I can get all the horsepower I need from more stickers. Duh.

Coolant additives are 100% rubbish, except for water wetter, I know it's been proven.

The inside of my cooling system had a brown slime after running only distilled h2o and WW.

That's a combination of dirt, corrosion, and in newer cars residual sand from the casting process. We ran distilled in our WRXs at work for a while and what came out looked like vomit. I know some people that state WW works, but I won't trust it, I'm running 60/40 mix in the RS now.

Dam. That's impressive.
Calgary. ****, that has got to be the record distance.
Nah, usually have couple from Texas and one from California.

Either way, it's not exactly a one day drive :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back