Bikes!!!! (MTB, Road, etc... just no motors)

Out riding today. Did a 3.3 mile downhill run that was insanely fun. After a rain storm so there was all kinda of mud and water to manual through, jump over, just all kinds of fun. Here she is at the bottom. Taking the easy trails home from here for a 8.8 mile ride.
d2f1aeddc10f1962e3ae377d54ee9b63.jpg

So we all wash and spit shine our bikes.
What's everyone's products of choice and methods of getting all the mud off your expensive bikes?

Reactions: Nix
Bucket of warm water and I give it a sponge bath with car wash soap. The mildest one I can find. Meguiars Gold Class is pretty good and you can find it at pep boys/autozone. I do like the Chemical Guys Glossworkz soap as well. I use car stuff cause I have a ton and it works well.

Just don't blast the bike with a hose and you should be good. If the mud is super super heavy I will rinse it with the hose from above but no pressure nozzle. You can force water into places it shouldn't be.

Basically what I kept to cleaning mine today. Using an open hose to rinse keeping away from bearings and such.

no mud here in phoenix just a lot of dust, i just hose my bike off and dry it

@Br3TT

Do you ever ride at South Mountain Park?

I was thinking of flying in one day and riding there, I've seen Southwest Airlines have $99 deals to Phoenix and thought that would be a good get-away from our winter here in Illinois.

Reactions: Nix
So this weekend I participated in a charity ride for Bike MS. My lack of training showed, but I had a great time, set a couple of PBs.
The weekend started with the drive down to Ponte Verde (just south of JAX), and a CRAZY looking sky with torrential rain. Saturday morning was more of the same. It cleared up slightly on Sunday.
160 miles later, a few armadillos nailed and some sore legs.. (dat headwind doe..)

photoGridImage_zps567b7116.jpg

That bike is very nice. I rode it briefly and it felt really nicely balanced. The 650b wheels didn't give it that whippy feeling you get with the 29s. It felt good.

Back